Delta Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hiring at the New Delta

After the merge--and with the new flow through agreements with Mesaba and Compass--how will the New Delta add more pilots? Do they call up a certain % (or number) of flowthroughs followed by off the street new hires?

Last edited:
Yes. I do not have the JPWA in front of me but there is a decent percentage that needs to be offered to Compass every month.
Frankly there will be plenty of external hiring going on so it will not be much of an issue.
My only question that I asked was since compass is in essence internal, will they be at the front of every class. (IE ahead of everyone else like FA's, interns and ramp agents have been or will they be treated like the CMR pilot were.)
Little different since we have a flow thought with them. I guess in time we will find out.

ACL,

That is an interesting question.

As you know, the Delta employees who were on leave were hired into pilot ranks on a "transfer" so they kept their Delta DOH for passes and benefits. Then the next category is the thousands of ASA rampers and gate agents who came over to Delta and got to keep their DOH for benefits. Then the ASA pilots hired at the exact same time went straight to the bottom with their Delta DOH like anyone else.

It does not seem at all fair that the rampers and gate agents got so much better treatment than the pilots who interviewed & were hired.

Of course, IMHO, the Compass pilots should be brought to Delta standard now. They should get their Delta number and longevity the first day on the property for this very reason. It is rediculous that pilots lose their longevity (for pay and benefits) when they step across an imaginary line constructed only to create an alter ego for DC9 replacement flying.

It is even more reduculous that Delta pilots can't bid Captain on those jets unless they are furloughed first. I hate this "half pregnant" approach we use to justify a "C" scale.

Last edited:
Well Fin, I know that they union is looking for a few volunteers. The standard can only be changed it you are willing to get involved.

BTW check your personal e-mail.

ALPA is grass roots and the Delta Reps do an excellent job representing the majority. They are doing such a god job that I'd rather appreciate their service and suggest minor course corrections, when appropriate.

Eventually I will probably do committee work again. Flightinfo is just a diversion while at the office on job #2.

Last edited:
FIN I will tell you that you are wrong. They would. I am sure that there will be some heated discussions when you arrive, but after they hear you arguments and true scope of belief they just may let you clean the trash cans. :D

Hey, over the years there has been some good stuff that has been found in trash cans, like the SLOA allowing concurrent seniority at Delta and ASA, and the agreement on Bid Restricted Second Officers.

Me thinks they would not even let me near the trash can.

I also thought that a pilot had to be at Compass for 36 months before being allowed to flow up.

Frankly there will be plenty of external hiring going on so it will not be much of an issue.

The Company and DALPA have just concluded a SLOA to adjust the MD88 F/O ALV in order to give the company short term relief due to an anticipate shortage of MD88 F/Os in the 1st quarter of 2009.

Last edited:
It allows them the ability to put off the hiring that was anticipated this fall until the NWA issues and SLI are worked out.
In essence it will keep the bottom of DAL's seniority list in the correct order until the completion of SOC.
I am sure you know what I am saying FDJ.

Latest resources

Back