• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Three things.

1. What is PERP?
Pilot early retirement program.

B. Anyone know the retirement projections for the rest of year at NWA? Not off hand, but we had 50 in August(some perp, but a lot were in addition to the perp that were awarded). Also, 50 perp awarded, although, many more applied.

Last, Any insight on the upcoming AE in October at Delta? What's it gonna be?

Some DAL guys will answer your last question.

Last edited:
Well for us LAX73NB, it looks like Oct. will be the busiest month this year. Going from 30 lines in Sept. to 40 in Oct. with 52 pilots total in category. Perhaps my life of leisure on reserve will be over :(
Wow. That's a big jump, I'd go straight from not flying at all on rsv to holding a line if my calculations are correct...interesting. Wonder what surprises November will hold.

I suppose crew resources finally realizes there's a 73 base out in the west, then:)

First glance, trips are actually not too shabby. Not as many usual red-eye transcons that we're used to see during past months.

I guess since we lost BOS, CMH and BDL, a lot of the redeyes ave gone. I had a line in Aug. lost it in Sept. and looks like I'll get it back in Oct. Hoping to get SLC 73N on this AE that comes out next month.

The Code-A-Phone stipulated a AE next month. No official word on back fill.

Spoke with a chief pilot a few days ago.

"...The longer we've gone the more backfilling we'll see... yeas there will be backfilling... the conversion can be up to 12 months...out some time in October..."

That is what I was told yesterday.
Looks like as they shore up what we will be doing with what a/c they are now able to project staffing requirements.
Lots of new and exciting routes await us.

LAX 73 guys,

Are you flying mostly 800's? Is that growth in lines because of 700's coming in?

Thanks
Yes on the -800. Looks like the growth is due to some -700 flying (mostly out of SNA it looks like). Also more trips in general through other hubs. We have been doing mostly transcon, one leg a day type trips. But in Oct. looks like more multi-leg days..I think...didn't look to closely..

Latest resources

Back