• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta hiring executive

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been hearing that those successful applicants who were offered a class date were all those with more than a few letters of recomendations. This is just not good news for those of us who only know a couple people (and not that well) who work at delta. Its sad that my dads buddies are not "in" with senior delta guys or that most of the people I have flown with over the years are still working with me. Hell my dad owns a liqour store, he should know some senior pilots lol. Its good that I spent so many years in the Army (not flying) to get me to where I am now-stuck at a regional with no letters of rec

The sad song is over-my time to rant

Sniff-Sniff. Boo Frickin' Hoo. You need to hire turbocheez to get the job done for you.

I have been hearing that those successful applicants who were offered a class date were all those with more than a few letters of recomendations. This is just not good news for those of us who only know a couple people (and not that well) who work at delta. Its sad that my dads buddies are not "in" with senior delta guys or that most of the people I have flown with over the years are still working with me. Hell my dad owns a liqour store, he should know some senior pilots lol. Its good that I spent so many years in the Army (not flying) to get me to where I am now-stuck at a regional with no letters of rec

The sad song is over-my time to rant

I've been hearing that more than a few "DL legacies" are being turned down than being invited to come back for day two, fwiw.
While it appears the new interview is tougher than former DL
http://www.willflyforfood.com/pilot-interviews/127/Delta-Air-Lines.html
and much tougher than former NWA, in which apparently many people showed up just to practice interviewing in late 2007,
http://www.willflyforfood.com/pilot-interviews/127/Delta-Air-Lines-6.html
the success is still around 60% for those receiving interviews. good luck...

There have been more than a few without any LORs as well as many with just one LOR.

Speaking of LORs, has it turned out that it is more important to have an LOR from someone with a Delta.com address? I have several letters, but none with a DL.com email.

Speaking of LORs, has it turned out that it is more important to have an LOR from someone with a Delta.com address? I have several letters, but none with a DL.com email.

YES. That is what the internal memo said.

It takes about 5 minutes to set up. It enables the HR program to confirm that it is an internal recommendation w/o verification.

S/Fi

It is simple, if a guy is willing to write you one, make him understand that it means a lot less without that address attached to it. It does not even ping the system as a Delta LOR.

I'm assuming DAL still has a one-and-done policy. Has there been any change to that?

I heard they got rid of the shrink...that's what did me in a few years ago.

From what I have heard, yes, fail the panel once and you are done. That goes for last hiring waves as well.

TurboCheez is obviously new to FI... 5 posts and seems that he was doing some networking for his client... anyway for the record as a MOD.. no such information or identifying information is allowed to be posted in Flight info... shold someone wish to assit, then use the Private message (PM) system here to do so..

I would highly advise our new members to ready the Terms of Service here that outline the rules by which we play here in the FI sandbox..

Thank you for the guidance. This client is not looking for a flying job but is planning to start a pilot job bank in competition with the many already out there. PM would be fine if someone knows the answer to my question.

cheers,

Is it true that people have gotten interviews with no LOR's? Just hearing that as rumor would make my day.

I feel somedays having grown up in an aviation family or gone to an aviation school means more than having worked through the ranks at a small flight school and multiple regionals, and that depresses me.

cale

Latest resources

Back