• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Had A Great Quarter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. I was thinking what good news this was for the Delta types as was going to congrat them, but once again, someone throws out the SWA sucks card. How come nobody compares two airlines to anyone else but SWA? Continental is doing good too you know.

Look.....my slong is bigger than your slong. I like Tator Tots.

Last edited:
Amazing what can be done when you dont pay your bills, employees and pensions promissed. I wouldnt say the hedge advantage is over. Just think of the lean machine SWA would be if it to declared BK. You forget thats how Delta got its savings? By screwing its share holders, vendors and employees. Way to go! Congrats on working so hard for those profits. I wonder what managements piece of that will be? I know GL you got a few bucks added to your 401k, I am going to LBB and flying 8 legs to get their and all I will ever fly is a 737.

Any company is allowed to file Chap 11 in the United States, not just airlines. Even people are allowed to file it for themselves. Would you rather just shoot them dead on the spot? What would be worse that that you ask? How about 6 legs from ONT to MSY via PHX, ABQ, LBB, AUS, HOU, and DAL?

Yes, we did get a lot of bucks for our 401K(up to $88,000 for 06/07 and then I got another $100,000 in cash after taxes), and that makes up for SOME of the loss, but it is a lot better than USAir got (a $4400 Xmas bonus). If your airline ever has problems, it is good to know that there can be a second chance, and even a third for some (USAir). It is the American dream buddy. If you want to be a commie, then go to Aeroflot, I am sure they are hiring guys with LBB experience.(about as remote as Siberia, right?)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I agree. I was thinking what good news this was for the Delta types as was going to congrat them, but once again, someone throws out the SWA sucks card. How come nobody compares two airlines to anyone else but SWA? Continental is doing good too you know.

Look.....my slong is bigger than your slong. I like Tator Tots.

Did you notice who started this? Not me. But, if it is brought up, I will give my opinion again. When will some of you guys learn?

Bye Bye--General Lee

How about 6 legs from ONT to MSY via PHX, ABQ, LBB, AUS, HOU, and DAL?

Yes, we did get a lot of bucks for our 401K(up to $88,000 for 06/07 and then I got another $100,000 in cash after taxes), and that makes up for SOME of the loss, but it is a lot better than USAir got (a $4400 Xmas bonus).
Bye Bye--General Lee

You must have this same line hard copied on your computer. Not bad actually, only two pages long before you threw out the same ol.....d.......yawn..........zzzzzzzzzzz

You must have this same line hard copied on your computer. Not bad actually, only two pages long before you threw out the same ol.....d.......yawn..........zzzzzzzzzzz

Sleeping are you? Looking at your trips in your bid packet? Kinda boring probably. Makes you tired just thinking about all of those legs too. And, everything I wrote is true. Wow.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I really enjoy being reminded that I took concessions. Especially by people that haven't had that misfortune in their careers yet. I was furloughed for 3 years too...need to remind me about that?

Fact is, we took concessions and at this point it is up to management to drive and make use of the savings. So far they seem to be doing a good job. It'd be a far bleaker picture right now if we were still losing money after giving so much.

We have had generally top-tier contracts and I look forward to the day when we can negotiate another one.
You obviously need to be reminded of why you were out for 3 years. During that time , your "Brothers" had RECORD numbers of Green Slips and vacation sellbacks, while relieving their guilt by contributing a few measly dollars to the Relief Fund. The management loved it. So too, did ALPA. So much so that some Officers often picked up green slips for the very trips that they originally dropped for ALPA work!
Not only will Delta squander any concession that you made, so will your Association, if it means that some will profit wildly. Just like the management always does. Who will be the connon fodder when the merger happens? Oh yeah, the new team says it will "consider what's best for the employees", so once again the pilots will feel secure in the knowledge that this time around, there really is a management team that cares. Sheeeeesh! Hang on my friend, it's going to be a bumpy ride. All I ever heard about SWA while I was doing ALPA work were negative predictions. Until, that is, we started down the BK trail. Then we were begging for a SWA pay structure, and schedule efficiencies. Delta people are notorious for telling everyone else what they are doing wrong, while their own house crumbles around them.

Wicked,

Aviation can be a dirty rotten filthy business....so can most other professions. All of us here at DAL have made our decisions to stay or pursue other things. There isn't a person here (save for a few starry-eyed newhires) that doesn't understand the negatives of this business. Aviation does not have the patent on hippocracy and corruption...it can be found many places.

I choose not to to spend my working years mad at the world.

Meanwhile, I enjoy my time in Nice.

most of us newhires have been around the airline industry for awhile, dealing with our former airline's problems. So you can stop calling us "starry-eyed"

Latest resources

Back