• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Had A Great Quarter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last time I checked they are at the ATM. Every day that goes by is money they are taking from you. If you did not give consessions the money would be in your pocket not theirs. So they are at the ATM until you get back what you had...don't kid yourself.

We may not of had to give concessions if there weren't companies out there with only a 401k for retirement, signing 10 year contracts, making much less on the same equipment, and undercutting our pricing at every opportunity.

How about you guys set the bar higher than DL had before concessions and we leverage that for a change?

We may not of had to give concessions if there weren't companies out there with only a 401k for retirement, signing 10 year contracts, making much less on the same equipment, and undercutting our pricing at every opportunity.

How about you guys set the bar higher than DL had before concessions and we leverage that for a change?

You took consessions because you were losing money plain and simple. That is what caused the bankrupcy. Your consessions are what is making the company money right now. Look at what it would take per quarter to get you and all the other work groups...this is not just a pilot thing..back to where you were and now look at your earnings....I bet they are nil. Don't blame this on our pilot group....we did not lower the bar you did....You had the choice to at least match what this group made...but you went below.

You took consessions because you were losing money plain and simple. That is what caused the bankrupcy. Your consessions are what is making the company money right now. Look at what it would take per quarter to get you and all the other work groups...this is not just a pilot thing..back to where you were and now look at your earnings....I bet they are nil. Don't blame this on our pilot group....we did not lower the bar you did....You had the choice to at least match what this group made...but you went below.

Please. You are making yourself look the fool. We took concessions because there was a gun to our head. I made more last year than a SWA 12 year captain. I will make more this year than a SWA 12 year captain. I will make more next year than a SWA 12 year captain. This as an MD 88 captain. It is what it is. The honeymoon is ending at SWA. Oil is becoming a real factor, and the junior groups are starting to want theirs. Hanging on the bar is not going to work much longer at SWA.

Sure we had poor management that was slow to react to changes in the industry, but the low cost carriers expanded like a rabbit colony on spring break after the legacies pulled back capacity after 911.

The situation is similar to GM/Ford vs Toyota. Older established companies with fixed benefits and higher cost structures now compete against newer companies with employees who work for much less total compensation. The bankrupcies realigned old legacy carriers with the new, unfortunate, industry reality.

I agree with you 100% that we could have just brought our wages down to your level. I wish it had been the case. The problem with that though, was our management realized that you work for a smarter company and would have still had a large cost advantage.

My buds who work there can't wait until the majors regain what they lost because they don't like sticking out as a high cost item. Well, those of us at DL and UA stuck out as a high cost item for quite a while.

All I said was, why don't you guys, working for a finacially sound company, take the bar to preconcession DL/UA compensation and let us ride your coat tails for a change? Are you worried that your company will lose it's competitive advantage?

Last edited:
Please. You are making yourself look the fool. We took concessions because there was a gun to our head. I made more last year than a SWA 12 year captain. I will make more this year than a SWA 12 year captain. I will make more next year than a SWA 12 year captain. This as an MD 88 captain. It is what it is. The honeymoon is ending at SWA. Oil is becoming a real factor, and the junior groups are starting to want theirs. Hanging on the bar is not going to work much longer at SWA.

Do you know something I don't?

SWA 12 Capt 198
DAL 12 MD88 Capt 140

DAL 12 777 Capt 188

Back up what you say. How much per hour do you get paid as a max MD-88 Captain? Have the guts to come clean.

I do realize this is me vs you or us verus them....the fact that there is competition in this industry is a fact. We all can all hope for the best for the other team. Then we lose. There is not enough room on the field for everyone....someone will lose. I just hope it is not my team...if it is yours sorry for your
luck.

This with record oil prices! Is the LCC SWA fuel hedge advantage over?

Actually, the fuel hedges at SWA are never over. GK says that the hedges are constantly being worked and re-worked...and still working on more hedging deals.

Far as I know, the Fuel purchase office is still manned. They don't just sit around all day and play computer games.

I really enjoy being reminded that I took concessions. Especially by people that haven't had that misfortune in their careers yet. I was furloughed for 3 years too...need to remind me about that?

Fact is, we took concessions and at this point it is up to management to drive and make use of the savings. So far they seem to be doing a good job. It'd be a far bleaker picture right now if we were still losing money after giving so much.

We have had generally top-tier contracts and I look forward to the day when we can negotiate another one.

I really enjoy being reminded that I took concessions. Especially by people that haven't had that misfortune in their careers yet. I was furloughed for 3 years too...need to remind me about that?

Fact is, we took concessions and at this point it is up to management to drive and make use of the savings. So far they seem to be doing a good job. It'd be a far bleaker picture right now if we were still losing money after giving so much.

We have had generally top-tier contracts and I look forward to the day when we can negotiate another one.

What he said....

Latest resources

Back