Delta furloughing more?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
COpilot said:
Remind me what a "green-slip" is to you guys?

Is that what we call "picking up open time", can you do that yourself on the computer, or do you have to go though scheds?

Yes, except green slips pay double... maybe 1.5 now, not sure. There is an argument that picking up green slips with guys on furlough prevents recalls/jobs. Some say it doesn't matter, some say it does....

As I sit here without a paycheck-

If your picking up open time with guys on furlough then you suck!
Your acting like a scab!!!!
Your F&(king guys on your own seniority list!

What's up with the DAL retired guys that came back to SCAB...sorry I meant contract fly? Are they still on the property?

Jomama said:
What's up with the DAL retired guys that came back to SCAB...sorry I meant contract fly? Are they still on the property?

Yes, until the end of the month... except for 12 check airmen.

Don't even get me started on that topic.

Jomama said:

I think THAT is some major BULL-SH**

that is just wrong

How many total furloughees are there?

What's the latest with the 100-seaters? Does management want unlimited 79-seaters for Connection carriers in lieu of 100-seaters at mainline?

Hopefully you guys won't have to give up scope and there will be hiring at mainline again someday. Good luck, Delta pilots!

AAflyer--I'm guessing you weren't pushing baseball-style arbitration? ;) TC

The reason is for things like severance pay, unemployment benefits, and the biggy, re-training all the other remaining pilots.

Don't count on furlough pay. NWA managed to hose ALL of it's furloughees out of furlough pay, and that was before they filed Ch11.

Launchpad said:
Yes, until the end of the month... except for 12 check airmen.

Don't even get me started on that topic.

I am not really familiar with all the nuances of this contract abberation, but I can speak from experience that it takes forever to get a pilot certified as a LCP at Delta and most of this is driven by the FAA's availabilty for checking. Also, as I recall ALPA approved this deviation. I really do not think these pilots need to be called SCABS as they certainly do not fit that definition and this type of name calling only serves to further divide the pilots of Delta.

Launchpad, these comments are directed at you but a previous poster.

Although most say that picking up a green slip prevents a guy from coming back; I disagree. Under cetain circumstances when scheduling has to abide by the number of bubbas on reserve or a two hour call out window, if a green slip wasn't offered the flight would be canx.

Revenue is certainly precious at this point.

That being said, I have only flown one in my career and it was prior to 9/11 with nobody furloughed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back