Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver said:
AAflyer--I'm guessing you weren't pushing baseball-style arbitration? ;) TC

Not in a million years.. I actually lobbied against in DC a few years ago.
That will truly put the nail inthe coffin.

See Ya,

AA:puke:

Retired Pilots Still Flying?

I was wondering how many early retired pilots are still flying? If so is there a plan to get everyone in there final seat to avoid additional pilots on the street? Hopefully that was part of the TA agreement.

Pinto said:
I was wondering how many early retired pilots are still flying? If so is there a plan to get everyone in there final seat to avoid additional pilots on the street? Hopefully that was part of the TA agreement.

As of December 31st of this year, there will be 12 left (all under the age of 60), and they will be gone by the end of Feb of 2006. Those 12 have some great importance when it comes to Line Check pilots, I guess.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I hope that there are no furloughs planned in the future. How far back does the current furloughs go? ie. hire date? Are there plans to return them in the near future?

there are 475 "official furloughees" dating back to somewhere in late 2000 to early 2001 ish. There is no word of us coming back now or in the near or distant future as they have put all recalls on hold since October. Rumor and I say rumore only is that maybe another 300 but that is just what I read here and on the alpa board.

castle bravo said:
Don't count on furlough pay. NWA managed to hose ALL of it's furloughees out of furlough pay, and that was before they filed Ch11.
The first post 9/11 furloughs got hosed out of furlough pay via force majure but the recent NW furloughees are receiving furlough pay now...

atlcrashpad said:
I hope that there are no furloughs planned in the future. How far back does the current furloughs go? ie. hire date? Are there plans to return them in the near future?

TBKANE is correct. The word is that there COULD be up to 300 furloughs by the end of 2007, but that could be mitigated by the people who may leave anyway to get away from Delta. The current lease negotiations have gone well so far supposedly, so that may delay any near term furloughs. The company is currently denying that they plan to furlough anyone right now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Helos2Galaxy said:
Although most say that picking up a green slip prevents a guy from coming back; I disagree. Under cetain circumstances when scheduling has to abide by the number of bubbas on reserve or a two hour call out window, if a green slip wasn't offered the flight would be canx.

Revenue is certainly precious at this point.

That being said, I have only flown one in my career and it was prior to 9/11 with nobody furloughed.

RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Is that what you have to tell yourself inorder to justify picking up open time or are being honest when you say you haven't picked one up since the furlough's? Drop me your name and I'll look up your schedule in DBMS and we'll go from there..... If you are telling the truth then you probably heard that from a douchebag captain trying to justify why he/she is greenslipping. All these A$$holes keep telling all the furloughed guys to be professional, just be professional and yet they keep picking up opentime because they have kids in school, or wife needs new tits or they need the money for their sex change operation....... same $hit that the eastern SCABS said and yet we're suppose to pretend that this is different because ALPO says its ok. WELL ITS NOT F$%*%&G OK..... let em cancel flight after flight till they get their heads out of the A$$E$ and bring back the furloughed guys to cover the cnxd flights..... then go and fly yourself into an early grave with all the greenslips you can handle, but you sound just like that dikhead of a prp I ran into at the airport, his excuse was that if he didn't do it then someone else would..... now thats rich..... retired with lump sum, back at delta AS A CAPTAIN AND FLYING GREENSLIPS.... while TBKANE is still on the street. Don't get me wrong I don't ever want to have anything to do with that POS airline, but I still have plenty of buddies that would love to go back and the PRP's and the Greenslipping whores are keeping them from being recalled. Now tell us another "good" excuse to stick up for these pricks!!!!!!!! And remember......these A$$holes might have kids in expensive schools and operations and whatever the excuse may be...... the guys on furlough have the same problems..... kids in schools, putting FOOD on the table, mortgages, rents, bills.....etc. and yet they can't go back to their careers because of some greedy backstabbing pukes. PROFESSIONALISM? Your kidding right?????

GREENSLIP AWAY "MY...EERRRR.... SOMEBODY ELSES ALPA BROTHERS AND SISTER" GREENSLIP AWAY

Networ-King said:

Is that what you have to tell yourself inorder to justify picking up open time or are being honest when you say you haven't picked one up since the furlough's? Drop me your name and I'll look up your schedule in DBMS and we'll go from there..... If you are telling the truth then you probably heard that from a douchebag captain trying to justify why he/she is greenslipping. All these A$$holes keep telling all the furloughed guys to be professional, just be professional and yet they keep picking up opentime because they have kids in school, or wife needs new tits or they need the money for their sex change operation....... same $hit that the eastern SCABS said and yet we're suppose to pretend that this is different because ALPO says its ok. WELL ITS NOT F$%*%&G OK..... let em cancel flight after flight till they get their heads out of the A$$E$ and bring back the furloughed guys to cover the cnxd flights..... then go and fly yourself into an early grave with all the greenslips you can handle, but you sound just like that dikhead of a prp I ran into at the airport, his excuse was that if he didn't do it then someone else would..... now thats rich..... retired with lump sum, back at delta AS A CAPTAIN AND FLYING GREENSLIPS.... while TBKANE is still on the street. Don't get me wrong I don't ever want to have anything to do with that POS airline, but I still have plenty of buddies that would love to go back and the PRP's and the Greenslipping whores are keeping them from being recalled. Now tell us another "good" excuse to stick up for these pricks!!!!!!!! And remember......these A$$holes might have kids in expensive schools and operations and whatever the excuse may be...... the guys on furlough have the same problems..... kids in schools, putting FOOD on the table, mortgages, rents, bills.....etc. and yet they can't go back to their careers because of some greedy backstabbing pukes. PROFESSIONALISM? Your kidding right?????

GREENSLIP AWAY "MY...EERRRR.... SOMEBODY ELSES ALPA BROTHERS AND SISTER" GREENSLIP AWAY

OUCH!
Networking:
I hear ya. I was in the JS of an MD11 going to MCO (back in 2002) and the other J'seater with me (a fully loaded plane so we were both in the cockpit) was on his last rotation before being furloughed, while the captain was bragging how he was on a 2 day "green slip" rotation. I had nothing to say, I felt bad for the f/o about to be furloughed. However, like we've heard from the union, it is their contractual right.
NEVER greenslipped a day in all my years with DL.

Networ-King said:

What do you think about the newhire UPS A-300 F/O that is a Delta 757/767 early retirement captain? Do you think he should have taken the job at UPS or left it for someone younger and give them the chance to work for a major?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back