Delta Fosters Diversity... I'm gonna be sick

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mmmmmm Burritos said:
Give me a link stating that any of these airlines are losing all that money for reasons directly related to sponsoring events like these. Did you read CRJ Puppy's post up there? I doubt he's pulling his numbers out of thin air.

Back to the bada bing lounge with you! Shoo! :)

Learn to read. My post said, and still says, "...I'm not saying that this is what is causing the loss,...". I said that airlines that don't have any extra money to throw around shouldn't waste it on cr@p like this. And I really doubt that they have any way of directly tracking the "bookings" related directly to this. and $40,000 could be 10 first class international tickets, or 400 $100 tickets that lose money.

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Actually, DangerKitty is correct. The Civil War was really about Federal Powers versus States Rights. The issue that people remember today is the one of slavery, but that is really not what precipitated the war. Of course, you probably can't get your mind around that fact.

And Embraerror FA- where do you come up with this ridiculous assertion:

How about quoting ONE text that supports this little bit of fanciful thinking? I mean, did someone really tell you this, or did you just cook this up sitting on your jumpseat, because it displays not only a complete lack of any knowlege of the facts of the times, but a shameful disregard and disrespect of the whites who interceded on behalf of the black slaves to achieve their freedom. That's right, pal, the majority of the work that was done to free the slaves was done by white "crackers", so maybe you ought to show a little respect and appreciation for those who gave so much so that you could sit on your jumpseat and cook up this kind of B.S.

Bravo Ty, Bravo. Glad to see someone else that has read history and understands what really happened. It is probably not their fault for all of their misunderstandings about the Civil War. I am sure they are a product of the public school system and were never taught it correctly to begin with.

FL717 said:
Amen Sista!!

Now on to the really important question...... DID YOU GET YOUR GIGANTOUR TICKETS YET????????

I got mine.... August 5th... here in Atlanta. Rock and roll kids!

NO!!!!! I don't know what my schedule will be. I do know one thing.....if I can't make it to the Chicago show, I will go to another one. :)

Ty Webb said:
Actually, DangerKitty is correct. The Civil War was really about Federal Powers versus States Rights. The issue that people remember today is the one of slavery, but that is really not what precipitated the war. Of course, you probably can't get your mind around that fact.

I thought is was because the South had WMD !!! Just kidding. You're coreect..atleast somebody paid attention in history class. I'm sure quite a few people still think it's was started strictly on the slavery issue.

say again said:
I thought is was because the South had WMD !!! Just kidding. You're coreect..atleast somebody paid attention in history class. I'm sure quite a few people still think it's was started strictly on the slavery issue.

So true. It's amazing to me how many people think that war was "fought over slavery". It was fought over states rights. Virginia, where a large part of the war centered, felt it was being 'invaded' by the North. It was the spark that lit the fire.
The slavery issue aside, the Civil War would have still been fought!! In fact, the South had quite few blacks fighting alongside them. That is not a well known fact. I wonder why?

"Slavery was only one part of the civil war, and not the focus."

And jewish extermination was only one part of world war 2, and not the focus.

fugghedabowdit said:

I detect just a little bit of Sarcasm in your statement but you are actually 100% accurate.

fugghedabowdit said:

Correct.

fugghedabowdit said:

True. It was not the focus. The holocaust did not come into focus amongst the allies until towards the end of the war with the discovery of the concentration camps.
Hitlers war was not fought over the "jewish Question". He was looking for "lebenstraum" and justice for the Treaty of Versaille, among just a few of the reasons. He was consumed by his own megalomania. The Germans did not fight WWII to exterminate Jews. In Hitlers twisted eyes they were in the way and had to be dealt with.

Last edited:
701EV--

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

I wonder why?

Dangerkitty--

The word is bigot, not "biggot". How perfectly appropriate--a bigot that can't spell bigot.

Jeez, relax, for crying out loud. There have been, are and will always be gay persons...scientific data (the only thing that should shape our view of the world around us, not opinions or beliefs) shows the majority of gay persons are born that way.

The majority of gay persons are not super politically active, but resent it when others give 'em a holier than thou attitude.

As for me, I just don't care about the whole thing...but it does sound like clever advertising on Delta's part.

Latest resources

Back