• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Fosters Diversity... I'm gonna be sick

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, the Delta financial commiment to the CVG pride celebration amounted to a $2500 donation, some beads, mouse pads, can coolers, 250 mile sky mile coupons, the mini-cooper "jet" showing up and 10% off coupons if flights booked by a particular date.

For that they received tons of advertising all over the city and to date over $40,000 worth of bookings. Sounds like a pretty shrewd investment to me. If they got that kind of return off of every dollar they spent, Delta wouldn't be in the shape that it is in now.

I say more of this type of investment and give these marketing people more control!!!

Hallelujah Brother!

Traumahawk said:
Wait, you put up a flag that represents human SLAVERY and oppression to combat your problem with a gay pride flag?

Someone, please, we need to start educating these southern republicans...

Douchebag... :rolleyes:

You need to re-read your books their Grasshopper. While it is true that the Civil War had everything to do with Slavery. It to a much greater degree had to do with State's Rights versus the Federal Government's Rights.

Evidently it is you who needs the education. You have almost no clue why the War between the States took place to begin with.

Douchebag

BTW, it was a Republican who freed the Slaves via the Emancipation Proclimation. But I guess the Liberal Elites who wrote your text books forgot to mention that fact.

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
Why does that not make sense? Especially something like this, if you advertise to gays, you wouldn't put billboards up all over the city and run TV ads saying "we like gays, come fly Delta!". That would be a bit over the top. But if you keep it quiet by only advertising at places where gays go (ie gay pride events, gay magazines etc) then its no big deal.

Check out these blurbs I found on google after 5 min of looking:

AIRTRAN:
(Atlanta, Georgia) Singer Elton John's face is adorning 20 AirTran jets.

The move is designed to promote AirTran's launch of satellite radio at each passenger seat.

"The traffic controller this morning was calling it Elton One," AirTran spokesman Tad Hutcheson said.

Orlando, Fla.-based AirTran uses Atlanta as a hub and is one of the few airlines making a profit.

The airline has contracted with XM Satellite Radio systems to offer more than 100 channels.

The airline would not disclose details of its arrangement with John, who has a home in Atlanta and typically commands millions of dollars for corporate endorsements.

But AirTran did say it plans to give him a 6-foot-long model of a jet and a $50,000 check for the Elton John AIDS Foundation.

AMERICA WEST:
America West is offering discounts on airfare to some of the most popular GLBT events. Click "learn more" below next to each event to see how you can save up to 10% off our already low Coach and First Class fares.

CONTINENTAL:
Continental Airlines extends travel benefits to registered gay partners

Texas: Houston based Continental Airlines is now extending travel benefits to registered government sanctioned same-sex partners of retirees.

AMERICAN:
[size=-1]Kootenay Gay Pride spokeswoman Catherine Fisher said: "I'm personally ... In the US, American Airlines is a frequent sponsor and supporter of gay events. ...

[/size]These are a few of our favorite things
Online census discovers gays and lesbians’ favorite brands, TV programs and more
Top Airlines

1. American Airlines
2. Delta Airlines
3. United Airlines
4. Southwest Airlines
5. U.S. Airways

HMMMM Doesn't seem to be JUST Delta now does it? Hey guess what else I found, BUD LIGHT was sponsering the same gay pride event as Delta. Better not drink beer anymore!

Budweiser isn't losing it's a$$ in the marketplace right now. They can and do spend a ton of money in advertising, to all demographics (except infants), and their sales justifies that expendature. Delta's advertising needs to be more broadbased, targeting a larger demographic with each advertising dollar, simply because they can't spend money that they don't have.

As far as AT putting Elton on the planes, that is to advertise their rollout of XM radio, which the passengers love, and will in fact attract customers to them, just like DirecTV did to JB. Delta needs to focus on what will get higher fare paying passengers on their planes, not dumping money they don't have into events that will have a negligble effect on their passenger loads.

Hey kitty kat...things were a LOT different between parties back then.

I didn't mention the civil war, did I? Let me check, nope. I mentioned the exact things that come to mind when a confdt. flag is raised for the reason he stated. What do you really think it means to blacks/gays/rednecks with it on their bumpers etc... States rights??
Half of the ones who fly that flag don't have half of the education to know what the heck it means anyways.

Thanks for the history lesson though....

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
What about the rest of the airlines promoting the same type of events that Delta is? Don't leave out key facts just to try to prove your point and make me look bad. Delta is not the only one doing this, and most airlines have been doing this for years! What's the big deal?

And GEE...look at all those airlines losing their collective a$$es. I'm not saying that this is what is causing the loss, but if you don't have money, it's probably a good idea not waste it on things that are not necessary.

dangerkitty...Actually it WAS the hundreds of thousands of african slaves who were sick and tired of bieng abused by thier white owners who started the ball rolling on civil liberty, not some ********. Thats a pretty funny concept though, gave me a nice chuckle. Right up there with Republicans bieng pro-union! BTW were you born in Mississippi? Also Grandma says you have to go home!
DRW

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the Confederate flag means two very diffeerent things to you and I.

In my eyes it means people willing to die for what they believe in. To you it means what you have read in your liberal based text books and what you watch on CNN.

If you want more history on the Civil War just ask me. I have been studying the War Between the States since I was 12 years old. Most people are clueless as to what really happened or try to rewrite that history.

I am not saying you are trying to do that. I just see people spout "facts" about the Civil War all the time and have no clue what they are talking about.

Traumahawk said:
Hey kitty kat...things were a LOT different between parties back then.

I didn't mention the civil war, did I? Let me check, nope. I mentioned the exact things that come to mind when a confdt. flag is raised for the reason he stated. What do you really think it means to blacks/gays/rednecks with it on their bumpers etc... States rights??
Half of the ones who fly that flag don't have half of the education to know what the heck it means anyways.

Thanks for the history lesson though....

To each his own I guess. Dangerkitty its good that you have good taste in movies! I am not going to argue the other issue because we both believe in two different things, thats what this country is about, diversity.

Peace out!
DRW

atrdriver said:
And GEE...look at all those airlines losing their collective a$$es. I'm not saying that this is what is causing the loss, but if you don't have money, it's probably a good idea not waste it on things that are not necessary.

Give me a link stating that any of these airlines are losing all that money for reasons directly related to sponsoring events like these. Did you read CRJ Puppy's post up there? I doubt he's pulling his numbers out of thin air.

Back to the bada bing lounge with you! Shoo! :)

embraerfa said:
dangerkitty...Actually it WAS the hundreds of thousands of african slaves who were sick and tired of bieng abused by thier white owners who started the ball rolling on civil liberty, not some southern cracker. Thats a pretty funny concept though, gave me a nice chuckle. Right up there with Republicans bieng pro-union! BTW were you born in Mississippi? Also Grandma says you have to go home!
DRW

To say you are a moron is an insult to morons.

Besides Frederick Douglas can you name a few folks that helped with this massive uprising that you talk about?

I also like the "Southern Cracker" comment. Really really classy. If I made the same racial slur about the Black race I would be banned and never allowed to return yet you feel you can throw around the white racial slurs with no problem.

But I guess that is the reason why you are a Flight Attendant on a Regional Jet. No education and McDonalds would not hire you.

How does it feel to be an unimportant moron slinging drinks for less than minimum wage?

By the way, even though you never went to college you can still seem somewhat intelligent if you learn spell on a 6th grade level.

Furthermore, when saying "its" remember that you put in an apostrophe if the statement would be "it is" thus "it's". You missed that in you last very intelligent statement.

DK
"A Southern Cracker"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back