• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Flow-Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
  • Mainline pilots who flow down are considered "off the property" in merger transactions. US Air's Mid Atlantic pilots were stapled below the last America West pilots

One minute there, Senor.........

The Mid-Atlantic pilots (who were previously mainline before they were furloughed) were considered "Furloughed" - which is what triggered your ability to fly at Mid-Atlantic. The reason they were stapled to the bottom of the arbitrated list was that they did NOT bring an active mainline job to the merger.

{{ running for cover }}

:smash:

2) Compass flow-up: The requirement for Compass pilots is 30 months and they must be Captain. How many per month would flow-up from Compass? What if all Captains at Compass had the 30 months and were eligible? Would they all flow-up as quickly as training permits?

Along the same line of questioning....Will there be any spots in the first class at Delta for people outside of Compass and Mesaba? i.e. pilots from the military or other airlines.

What if Delta hired 50 people the first month and split that into two classes of 25? Would all the pilots be from Compass and Mesaba?

CPZ and XJ have a % of slots guarantee, if I remember correctly.... not an amount of slots.

I've been wrong before, and here is another place where I very well could be...but this is what I remember it to be.

If 50 people were hired in one month the first 20 would be pulled from Compass, nine would come from Mesaba, and then off the street. There is no % per class just per month. Mesaba can flow up 9 per month; Compass can flow 20 per month.

Compass is capped at 25% of the pilot group per rolling 12 months; Mesaba is capped at 10%. When DAL is hiring about 85 per year will come from Compass and about 108 per year from Mesaba. The rest will be off the street.

If DAL hired 7 pilots per month for a whole year (unlikely) all of them would come from Compass.

If DAL hired 240 pilots in one year in classes of 20 per month all of the pilots would come from Compass until 25% of the pilot group flowed up. After that, nine per month would come from Mesaba and the rest off the street.

If DAL announced furloughs tomorrow the Compass pilots could all be completely flushed to the street; Mesaba would only take on the number that have flowed up to NWA (12-13 I think).

Last edited:
See, I knew there were percentages involved. :) Thanks for the info, koepp.

really?

If 50 people were hired in one month the first 20 would be pulled from Compass, nine would come from Mesaba, and then off the street. There is no % per class just per month. Mesaba can flow up 9 per month; Compass can flow 20 per month.

Compass is capped at 25% of the pilot group per rolling 12 months; Mesaba is capped at 10%. When DAL is hiring about 85 per year will come from Compass and about 108 per year from Mesaba. The rest will be off the street.

If DAL hired 7 pilots per month for a whole year (unlikely) all of them would come from Compass.

If DAL hired 240 pilots in one year in classes of 20 per month all of the pilots would come from Compass until 25% of the pilot group flowed up. After that, nine per month would come from Mesaba and the rest off the street.

If DAL announced furloughs tomorrow the Compass pilots could all be completely flushed to the street; Mesaba would only take on the number that have flowed up to NWA (12-13 I think).

How much of a chance do you really think this will be carried out? I find it hard to believe that Delta/NW (now Delta) which have in the past as I remember hired a large percentage of military pilots...

When the next year of hiring occurs, and lets say only 240 are hired in that year, there will be NO military pilots hired? I find it very hard to believe knowing that a substantial part of their pilot group is military...

Latest resources

Back