• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta flight diverts on champagne request

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you think passengers are the problem! Think for a moment where you paycheck comes from. An FAs ideal world would be an airline with with no passengers - right! The airline is not a social welfare scheme. Earn your pay like everyone else. You're not doing anyone a favor. And if its so bad then leave. You'd make much more in most industries elsewhere - but you'd have to work for it and you'd never get away with the poor, offensive work ethic that FAs bring in to work day after day.

Not always the case. Some make money flying empty or full. :)

The Asian culture is different than the U.S. culture. How many asian men walk around with their pants halfway down to their knees? How many asian women cackle and snap their fingers at you to show their displeasure?

Just last week I watched a first class passenger and his wife stand in the way while disabled passengers were being allowed to board first. The gate agent politely asked/directed the first class passenger to please step aside for a few minutes to allow the disabled passengers in wheel chairs to board. The first class passenger just nodded and didn't move out of the way, and then bolted to the airplane as soon as the gate agent turned to help someone in a wheel chair.

The week before that I saw a passenger revolt about having to check her bag. She ripped off the bag tag, opened the jetway door to the stairs, and threw the tag out onto the ramp and then stormed onto the plane with her bag.

Passengers are told to expect more and then get less every year, and the companies consistently deliver.

I am aghast at the insults and arrogance that gate agents and FAs have to ignore everyday (from the companies and passengers) and I am amazed that so many of them do such an amazing job day in and day out.

What?!!! You don't think FAs are out of control and ALWAYS the problem????
You're going to have your FI membership revoked.......;)
Thank you, turtle....for the mature and thoughtful response. It is appreciated.:beer:

So you think passengers are the problem! Think for a moment where you paycheck comes from. An FAs ideal world would be an airline with with no passengers - right! The airline is not a social welfare scheme. Earn your pay like everyone else. You're not doing anyone a favor. And if its so bad then leave. You'd make much more in most industries elsewhere - but you'd have to work for it and you'd never get away with the poor, offensive work ethic that FAs bring in to work day after day.

Some passengers are able to accept that gate agents and FAs are their to help everyone have a safe and efficient flight so that it can be as comfortable as possible for everyone. Others think it is it cool to ignore the gate agents and FAs, or they simply think the trip is all about them, making it harder for everyone.

If you will notice, I think the companies have a desperate pursuit of profit at all costs without regard to available amenities and services, and this has an impact on both passengers and employees.

Some folks still have the maturity to still be civil to their neighbor.

Last edited:
What?!!! You don't think FAs are out of control and ALWAYS the problem????
You're going to have your FI membership revoked.......;)
Thank you, turtle....for the mature and thoughtful response. It is appreciated.:beer:

Zone, no one has said that FAs are ALWAYS the problem. But you seem incapable of admitting that SOME times they are.

Are you one of the cynical free loaders? Seems only one of them would be so defensive. I know many fantastic FAs who have zero problem letting everyone know that freeloaders are on the rise and customer service on the decline.
Guess you wouldn't admit that if you were, but as I said, you lack credibility defending ALL FAs all the time. You accuse us of something you're guilty of as well.

Last edited:
Some passengers are able to accept that gate agents and FAs are their to help everyone have a safe and efficient flight so that it can be as comfortable as possible for everyone. Others think it is it cool to ignore the gate agents and FAs, or they simply think the trip is all about them, making it harder for everyone.

While you are 100% correct, I wouldn't waste anymore time or keystrokes on certain posters here. They've shown themselves to be FA haters and are arrogant, ignorant and immature. Scary to think they are pilots! :eek:

Zone, no one has said that FAs are ALWAYS the problem. But you seem incapable of admitting that many times they are.

Are you one of the cynical free loaders? Seems only one of them would be so defensive. I know many fantastic FAs who have zero problem letting everyone know that freeloaders are on the rise and customer service on the decline.
Guess you wouldn't admit that if you were, but as I said, you lack credibility defending ALL FAs all the time. You accuse us of something you're guilty of as well.

A plane diverted. A newspaper reported "details". On what basis would anyone second-guess the crew's decision to divert or speculate that the crew was the root cause for the problem? :confused:

While you are 100% correct, I wouldn't waste anymore time or keystrokes on certain posters here. They've shown themselves to be FA haters and are arrogant, ignorant and immature. Scary to think they are pilots! :eek:

Because someone does not agree with you, they lack in there profession ?

Then Fuby must me an awesome pilot, he agrees with you and is on your buddy list. I think he is treating FI like match.com :)

Zone, no one has said that FAs are ALWAYS the problem. But you seem incapable of admitting that many times they are.

I'd suggest you go back and read Post #18. I NEVER said I defend bad FAs. They make me cringe and cause me embarrassment. Once again, you're either not capable of reading comprehension (which I don't think is true as you seem somewhat intelligent) OR you want to paint me in a light that fits your agenda.
Not that I'm tooting my own horn, but I was promoted to check FA within several months at my first airline and have NEVER received anything less than stellar reviews at both airlines I've worked for.
I would still love to hear if you think physically assaulting ANYONE is EVER acceptable.

Still living the "I'm a Delta pilot" fantasy outerlimits? LOL!

Because someone does not agree with you, they lack in there profession ?

Then Fuby must me an awesome pilot, he agrees with you and is on your buddy list. I think he is treating FI like match.com :)

"their"
I guess Turtle is an awesome pilot as well. Oh and btw, it's 2012 and males and females as well as pilots and FAs CAN be friends.

Latest resources

Back