• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta eyes Major Widebody RFP for 747/767 Replacements---article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
777-300 is the only viable whale replacement. They will be less expensive once Boeing starts pushing the 777X. The 767ER's will be replaced by 350's or re-engined 330's

If DAL was smart, they would be looking at the 787-9 or 1000. It is a Superior aircraft to the 350 and the 777x will once again, SMOKE Airbus.

Lord knows you don't need narrowbodies since you gave that away

Now a bunch of unproficient wide body pilots without the repetition of narrowbody flying will sign onto DAL and land on more taxiways

;)
You can do better. How about this:

"Southwest, we may not get ya to the right airport, but we'll get ya somewhere...":beer:

I think they should re-engine the -330 with the GTF engine from Pratt and Whitney...I think it will be the best engine out there...

I think they should re-engine the -330 with the GTF engine from Pratt and Whitney...I think it will be the best engine out there...

They don't have one yet that can produce as much thrust that would be needed for an A330 sized aircraft.

I think Delta is too smart to replace good (but aging) aircraft with new aircraft that never seem to be able to do the job assigned. Unless of course certain individuals have been "persuaded" to make the deal.
Other airlines...not so much.

That being said I think the 330 is the best one Airbus makes, new engines couldn't hurt.

I think Delta is too smart to replace good (but aging) aircraft with new aircraft that never seem to be able to do the job assigned. Unless of course certain individuals have been "persuaded" to make the deal.
Other airlines...not so much.

That being said I think the 330 is the best one Airbus makes, new engines couldn't hurt.[/QUOT

could not agree more ... i like to see 100 A330s here

Latest resources

Back