Delta etops 777-200ER

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Makes sense.

Just read today that BA was redeploying their 747-4's and 777's to keep the 747's on the "shorter" long range ops and place the 777's on the ultra long range legs. According to them, quoted in AW&ST, the 777 is about 24% more efficient.

I'm getting more curious about the fate of the 787.

Little off topic, but when we do the Dubai-Houston on the -200, when you're the augment crew you show up, sit in the jumpseat for the climb through ten, then off to the bunk for 8+ hrs. Takes some getting used to!

Looking forward to doing Dubai-LA, SanFran...figure that will be 8-9 hrs bunk time, easy.

I would guess somewhere in the ballpark of 17:30- 18:00. About the same time for ATL-BOM. Any more and they will have to use three crews

depends on whether you are referring to the FARs or the contract. According to a 777 LCA I know, they can go up to a 22.5 hour duty day with two crews. The contract limits them to an 18 hour flight, but given ALPAs history, I know they will modify the contract to accomodate these flights.

I am talking block. If it goes above 18 hrs of block they will need more than two crews to "fly" the route. Not duty time.

Little off topic, but when we do the Dubai-Houston on the -200, when you're the augment crew you show up, sit in the jumpseat for the climb through ten, then off to the bunk for 8+ hrs. Takes some getting used to!

Looking forward to doing Dubai-LA, SanFran...figure that will be 8-9 hrs bunk time, easy.

And two or more p breaks fighting your way through Calcutta!

Apparently when DAL asked Boeing for aux tanks on the LR's (the longest-range commercial airliner in the world) Boeing's response was, "If you need aux tanks on this thing you're going the wrong way."

Big plans in the works.

There are several different aux tank combinations available for the 777LR. Only problem is that the take away from the useful payload in most operational scenarios. I beleive that Air India might be the only carrier so far to opt for this configuration and I'm not sure if it's 1, 2 or three tanks.

Latest resources

Back