Delta crew meals, lack thereof

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fins,

Call a supervisor when you are short meals, delay a few flights as a result while the count is corrected, and I bet the company starts to take notice. Then management can address the real problem at hand.

There is no reason why a jaded FA should feel it is ok to take their frustration out on the cockpit crew.

NYC FA's are always the least chronologically, dimensionally and personality challenged. LA is probably next. BOS, CVG, MCO and of course ATL...brace for impact.
Reminds me of the joke about the hula hoop method of determining NWA FA newhire base assignments.

This is a good thread. I think we're all gonna get along great.

Our FA brief is required by Capt, even on the checklist. However, I think the mentality of most CA that i've flown with is that they feel crew meals are not something at the top of their "priorities", so they don't really need to go badger the A-line about it. Kinda, "If we have crew meals, yay, but if we don't, oh well..."

Heck, if CA is hungry, they just go out and buy a 10 dollar burger, just like that. But for us lowly paid cheap FO, the crew meal could translate a 4 leg day into heaven or hell.

That's kind of my point. It sounds like a small thing to worry about, but if you get on a flight blocked at over 5 hours thinking there is a crew meal for you, and then you find out there isn't. That's a pretty good amount of time to go without proper nutrition.

It is sad that our hierarchy has been eroded up to the point that we are at the will of the mood of a gate agent or a cabin attendant but in an industry where it takes a hard fought battle from ALPA to win the right to be given a bottle of water, I have to say that I'm not surprised because we have allowed this to happen.

"If we have crew meals, yay, but if we don't, oh well..."

Our caterers get a list of the crew and select from that menu the list of meals for the crew (Japanese vs. western style breakfast for example) It is possible for a company to be profitable and still treat their crews with respect

Maybe I'm getting jaded myself, but it seems in the last year or two the FAs treat us jumpseaters like a chore. I'll gladly help and I go out of my way to be considerate, but more often than not I march right by a scowling lead FA to my coach seat past a wide open first class section.

Fins,

Call a supervisor when you are short meals, delay a few flights as a result while the count is corrected, and I bet the company starts to take notice. Then management can address the real problem at hand.

There is no reason why a jaded FA should feel it is ok to take their frustration out on the cockpit crew.

That is exactly how it should be handled, walk off

and get somthing to eat.

DB

I seem to recall a Capt (NWA perhaps?) not too long ago who was a bit put off by whatever he was being offered, so he left the jet, left the airport, and was ultimately left without a job. Never thought of it in light of this thread, but maybe he took making a statement a little too far? Or was he just whacked out?

I seem to recall a Capt (NWA perhaps?) not too long ago who was a bit put off by whatever he was being offered, so he left the jet, left the airport, and was ultimately left without a job. Never thought of it in light of this thread, but maybe he took making a statement a little too far? Or was he just whacked out?

A little of both, he was "retired".

DB

Well, that's kinda it. If the Captain wanted to make a big deal of it, that's one thing. As a subordinate, I'm not going to make too be a deal out of anything that is not safety of flight. Venting on FI is cathartic.

Sign of the times when a mainline crew gets a meal, sometimes, on a segment only longer than 5 and a half hours. Then justifies this accepted mistreatment by saying "they suck anyways."

Anyways, was just curious what situation was at DL. My last transcon up front was close to 5 hours, and I couldn't help feeling bad for the crew when they were able to "snag" some trail mix packages from the back.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back