• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Academy...THOUGHTS????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta Connection Academy what do you rate it?

• Good

Votes: 45 14.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 207 67.6%
  • Average

Votes: 54 17.6%

• Total voters
The way it works, you go to the bank and borrow x amount. Then, each month, you are allowed to take out (I think) 3 grand for misc expenses. Your rent comes out of the account. No one asks if you bought beer with the money. I think 83-90 is a little high. I will say add an honest 10-15% on top of what is quoted. I spent about 5% over what was quoted and came thru in minimum time. The parking lot is full of nice cars and new motorcycles. These are the idiots that BLOW their student loan money on stupid crap. NEWS FLASH!!!! YOU MUST PAY THIS BACK!!!
Don't believe the salesman, He doesn't know. This will sound surprising to you, but the real number is actually 100% in the last 3 years!!!!! I have seen in my time some real toolbag characters get hired at the regionals. I know of one guy that had 5 interviews. The school bent over backwards for this guy to help bring him up to speed in certain areas. For others, they will help arrange more interviews. Usually when you find someone that is all pissed at DCA, they somehow screwed themselves along the way. Take for instance our disgruntled EX instructor BUFFETCK. He spent about a month instructing at the school, couldn't be bothered with the paperwork and sluffed off his students. They asked him to resign or he would get fired. THEY DO NOT LIKE TO FIRE ANYONE! They know that kind of stuff could damage someones career beyond recognition. They go way out of the way to help someone. Some of our instructors have actually not bothered to finish the 800hr contract. They went on their own and applied at the regionals and got hired. The school actually likes to see this. Why you ask?
The current standz wait is 1 MONTH! This opens up new slots for new instructors. When the airlines are slow hiring, the standz wait goes back up. Our guys are getting sucked up at an alarming rate.
I am almost finished with my contract, I took a little longer than some. I like my days off. Life is not always about the destination, I have met some incredible people and built some relationships that will last a lifetime.
Is the system perfect? No. Do we have our share of problems? You Bet!
Does the system work? YOU BET IT WORKS!
Remember the old saying, Life hands you a lemon. MAKE LEMONADE.
IF you have anymore questions, feel free to message me. I have to go now and sift thru mountains of HATE mail from ButterFreak!

well I don't want to send silly messages back and forth to anyone and I certainly am no punk.....I just want the truth... This is my first large investment towards education...I want the truth because I take that very seriously...I'm pretty sure there are plenty of Pilots and student Pilots who understand how I feel...

Sales and marketing division? I have been promoted huh? Did you forget I am a flight instructor? I make nothing off this. Truth thats what this is all about.
The standz wait is 1month. Know why butternuts? The airlines are taking everyone even without the 800 contract! See, if you would have just done your job, you too could be at a regional.

Why don't you two just admit the obvious and tell each other how much you love one another? That way you can get on with your lives and live happily ever after!

You can't be working too hard living on this board 24/7. If someone is paying you 6 figures, THEY HAVE ROCKS IN THEIR HEAD!
Besides, you knew DCA was lining you up for a regional job, WHY DID YOU BOTHER COMING HERE???????

DO you like your picture???????? I hope folks don't think it's me!:puke:

buffettck said:
Thanks for the encouragement, Sawmill. I have reached my goals and don't intend to change a thing! Yes, everyone knows I went to and instructed for DCA, and I'm sure glad I didn't get caught in the regional airline trap. I've read so much just on this one website about the problems the majority of pilots are having with their pay, quality of life, working conditions, etc... Unfortunately, I read that after I had already committed to DCA, but I cut my losses and quit before spending another 1.5-2 years there further as an instructor...

As for aviation goals, the internet is a great resource! Get those resumes out there and not just on the aviation sites. Monsterjobs.com, hotjobs.com, careerbuilder.com, etc. Those worked for me and even though I fly, I was actually hired for design, research, and analysis primarly. Basically, a test pilot...with a lot of very cool flying thrown in... :D
So your job sucks essentially? Does that desk come with a type rating?

Buffetck, AKA Scott, get over it!!!!!!! DCA might suck, but, im thinking, oh well, so do you....

Your sounding worse than my dying grandmother,...crankie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even she likes the pudding

The only paperwork I do is the tripsheet which takes around 15 seconds for each leg. Times and W/B. And I get paid Check in to check out. hour before t/o to 1/2 hr after t/o. So no I don't do desk work, and yes I do get paid well. Not your 100,000, but I also don't have 7000 hrs. I'm still trying to figure out why you came to DCA with 5000 hrs. Could you not get your own job?

Latest resources

Back