• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Academy...THOUGHTS????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta Connection Academy what do you rate it?

• Good

Votes: 45 14.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 207 67.6%
  • Average

Votes: 54 17.6%

• Total voters
Yeah it is an expensive school. I must be the only person who enjoyed the time their and does not severely regret it. I will say the 10 per hour was an easy thing to pass up. I finished in August and probably have about 200 more hours than the guys I would have went through stands with. The new Cirruses were supposed to go to the Houston campus last I heard. Do you know if they got them there? I'm not disagreeing with your points and of course its obvious where the bridge cost is built in..everywhere. I thought it was a great school myself as a student but realized there were better ways to build my time as an instructor. When were you a student/instructor there?

buffettck, I agree with a majority of your post. The aircraft are old and I mean old. I had a few students that were younger than the Cessna fleet. As for your bud, I feel truly sorry for him. That is the majority of the instructors there now. Luckily I instructed elsewhere during my Standz break and built some time. The only part I disagree with your post is the student enrollment. There are so many freakin Chinese students there now that they are drafting instructors to teach these guys. The positive thing about that is they are very dedicated to their training and will listen to what you actually tell them. One more thing is about the maintanence department. While they are working with a very old fleet, they do an excellent job.

Wow DCA hasn't gone out of business yet?

Keybank Loan...............$100k
Time Spent @ DCA.........1.5 years
Susan Burrell's Mercedes..$80K
Bar Tabs .......................$5k
First Instructing job after
not getting hired at DCA....$20 per hr
AVG Regional salary........maybe $20K (might be pushing it)

$625.86 Loan payment per month for the next 20 years of my life...............PRICELESS

Do not go to DCA way too expensive. I wish I had done my homework on went a cheaper route. Anyone off the street can get the same interviews. Good training, met a alot of friends half have been furloughed already. Had alot of good times. Place seems to be going downhill every year.

Buffettck, as far as the aircraft you saw, one of the Spanish students had an "incindent on a solo." Building your time training the Chinese students is up to each individual. I am not in the group and I do understand your point to somewhat. The question I ask to you is with all the time on your profile what the heck were you thinking in enrolling at DCA?

Sounds like we probably we probably had the same instructor somewhere along the line. What did you think of the stagechecks and Azma rides? I did my multi with screamin gene which was nutz!!

buffettck said:
But, DCA will probably still maintain their 100% accident free stance... :rolleyes:

Who says they have a 100% accident free record? Any person smart enough to use the NTSB site will plainly see a list of accidents. It's called FLIGHT TRAINING you twitt! Metal will get bent, paint will get scratched. More importantly, we flew over 100,000 hours last year and no one died. That should say tons about the flight instructors and maintenance guys that bust their @$$ everyday out there keeping the kids safe and doing the job the right way.

This clown answers his own post 4 times in a row!

Buffetck,

Move on with your life, get over it. DCA was going to FIRE you, they were being nice and asked you to resign! Hell, you couldn't even remember to call your new students and couldn't be bothered to show up for monthly meetings.

When your employer finds out your scared $hitless of flying in actual, they fire you for real next time.

You guys have quite the pissing match going on here! Scott, you were going to get fired, I was part of the meeting, and who cares about your "over-the-water" actual. We all fly in the clouds, it's part of the job there bud. If you have more actual than he has total, prove it by being a mature aviator who mentors those with less experience. Not an arrogant ass. Rant off, and back to the tstorms for the rest of the night. By the way I have to fly across lake michigan tonight in the tstorms in a navajo. Does that count as "over-the-water" actual? Kiddo?

DCA in the SFB base said they were making a decision about new aircraft 5 months ago. I got a letter in my mail box saying they are about to make a decision between Cessna, Cirrus, or Diamond. Is backseating requird in any other school by any chance?

Latest resources

Back