• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta, Comair, ASA and CASS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta is most deffinetly CASS approved. It was effective 7/26/05 ... as to the pilot that was not able to ride in our jumpseat... if it was after that date, then his airline must not be CASS... prior to that date, it was Delta's fault. Bummer though... I missed riding on my Dad's retirement flight a few years ago since I was on furlough so I know how he feels....

Last edited:
Cost of CASS

kikejavy said:
I have heard the cost is very low about 7,000 dollars or so and I have heard this from guys at southwest and american and they have it in their companies

It cost $1000 to join and $600 a month regardless of the size of the airline, number of pilots.

ARINC administers the program, Mr. Dave Thatcher in Annapolis, MD.

$600 per month - $20 per day?

I'm fairly sure that disgruntled pilots can burn more than that in taxi fuel and rated thrust-vs- flex thrust takeoffs.

Let's see - 800 flights per day at about 100lbs extra per taxi = 80K lbs per day. That's nearly $12,000 per DAY.

Geez - you would think someone in the Crystal Palace has thought about that.

A little good will goes a long way.

arthompson said:
DL/OH/EV are *not* currently in the CASS system much to the dismay of many of the commuters at my company who try to fly on them. We also had a pilot last week that was unable to ride his Dad's DL retirement flight because DL is not in CASS. Hopefully that will be fixed soon and we'll all have a better chance at getting to/from where we want to go.

Adam

Not true. I'm an ATL commuter, and the DTW Delta gate agents confirmed me in CASS just yesterday morning. The DAL CASS system is working just great. Also, the pilot did get to ride on his dad's retirement flight unless you're talking about a different guy. He had to get some paperwork taken care of from the TSA since it was before Delta's CASS system was approved last week, but it was taken care of in time for the flight.

PCL I may have misunderstood what he said, its possible. I also posted that at like 0200 and I'm on my 6th day in 7 in this wonderful room where we have to make sure we have enough people to cover all the wonderful flying that we have.....September still looking good for your upgrade?

Adam

arthompson said:
PCL I may have misunderstood what he said, its possible. I also posted that at like 0200 and I'm on my 6th day in 7 in this wonderful room where we have to make sure we have enough people to cover all the wonderful flying that we have.....September still looking good for your upgrade?

Adam

6th day in 7? Dang, they work everyone to the bone around here. :)

It looks like I'm the 5th most senior guy on the upgrade award, so it'll probably be a Sept class. Hopefully the 5th of Sept, but maybe the 17th. You'll probably see it on my schedule before I even know. ;)

congrats!

PCL_128 said:
It looks like I'm the 5th most senior guy on the upgrade award, so it'll probably be a Sept class. Hopefully the 5th of Sept, but maybe the 17th. You'll probably see it on my schedule before I even know. ;)

And you didn't even have to pay for it!

Latest resources

Back