Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Traumahawk said:
And you didn't even have to pay for it!

Wow, that's so original Traumadork! We've never heard that one before. However do you come up with such witty banter? I'm floored by your cleverness! [/sarcasm]

CASS has nothing to do with the size of your plane or pilot group. The Comair Chief Pilot's update on August 1st said that Comair will will in the CASS system very soon. In the mean time we will continue to take as many offline jumpseaters as there are seats open in the back.

General Lee said:
Wait, I thought we (DL) are CASS. Comair is not CASS. The IATA doesn't allow regionals to have the CASS program yet I believe.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

I guess DL is no longer allowing non-CASS affiliated DL CX carriers to ride in the cockpit jumpseat. Is this true? What about the DL pilots who rely on CX carriers to get to work and get home? Are they expecting to still get the jumpseat in this situation? Because I know a lot of guys who are pretty upset about this, especially since, as you noted, non-ATA carriers don't even get the chance to join CASS at this time.

AirBill said:
General,

I guess DL is no longer allowing non-CASS affiliated DL CX carriers to ride in the cockpit jumpseat. Is this true? What about the DL pilots who rely on CX carriers to get to work and get home? Are they expecting to still get the jumpseat in this situation? Because I know a lot of guys who are pretty upset about this, especially since, as you noted, non-ATA carriers don't even get the chance to join CASS at this time.

Not true. I got the cockpit jumpseat on mainline the other day as non-CASS DCI RJ trash. Same works in reciprocal, DL mainline can still ride the RJ ironing board here. ASA probably won't see CASS anytime soon, its one more thing mgmt can hold over our heads in negotiations.

Last edited:
Man why is this so complicated? Everytime it changes (and it
has like 100 times since 9/11) it is like pulling teeth for the
crews, customer service, and everyone else to be on the same
page. No one knows and if you ask 10 people, you get 10
answers. Some know, some think they know, some don't want
to know.......I thought non-CASS DCI or DL CONX people with
PPR* could still sit up front?

I'm with Comair. We're not on CASS, but I rode the jumpseat on DL(on CASS) yesterday. No problems. The exact same form and credentials(crew ID, FAA certificate, and medical, no passport).

Latest resources

Back