• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta CEO on the CRJ-200 cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been telling FO's this exact thing for the past month. I just had a 9 year anniversary and with 41 900's, I'd be on the street. Also agree that there is no point in keeping 9e alive with 41 airframes.

There is little chance we would get all 70 of the new jets because Delta will need the jets to exchange for other 200's. But as we all know - there is going to be all kinds of double dealing and back room deals. It will be interesting to watch the next few weeks.

Hmmmm, this sounds familiar. There is no way this company is going to be a 49 saab airline, even though they are our "core business" ;). If it's any consolation, after that bankruptcy I went from furloughed to captain in 6 months.

Hmmmm, this sounds familiar. There is no way this company is going to be a 49 saab airline, even though they are our "core business" ;). If it's any consolation, after that bankruptcy I went from furloughed to captain in 6 months.
Yes, but lets be honest, the Mesaba bankruptcy was a whole another ballgame, in a whole different economy, in a whole different circumstance. Today's 9E/XJ bankruptcy is nothing like the past.

I wonder if Delta might send alot of those Comair 700/900's to Gojet and at the same time announce a substantial parking of 9E 200's to test the waters on how many 9e pilots make the lateral move to Gojets to chase the jobs. If enough pilots run over to Gojets to start at year 1 why wouldn't Delta just slowly put an end to 9e. Like mentioned earlier 41 900's will be pretty expensive to operate with pilots topped out on a 15-20yr payscale. When you talk to most of the senior guys at 9e they stay away from these message boards which is either really smart or they just don't want to face the reality.

Its hard to believe that after all this that in a span of 3 years pinnacle will be gone but looking at how comair was destroyed systematically I am ruling nothing out now. Delta will do anything to get what they want.

Delta wants the lift, they made that clear.
What I can't believe is that they want concessions from Pinnacle.
Sounds like they will give the flying to the lowest bidder , ... again.

I have been telling FO's this exact thing for the past month. I just had a 9 year anniversary and with 41 900's, I'd be on the street. Also agree that there is no point in keeping 9e alive with 41 airframes.

There is little chance we would get all 70 of the new jets because Delta will need the jets to exchange for other 200's. But as we all know - there is going to be all kinds of double dealing and back room deals. It will be interesting to watch the next few weeks.

Yep. DAL will not pay for them and 9E will have a very very hard time finding someone else to front the monies.

SkyWest Inc. is just standing to the side, and watching the plays before they intervene. I'd expect that SkyWest really wants (and needs) the new 76 seat airframes. They are waiting for the opportune time to make their move, and will be looking to snag new airframes, keep as many of the 50's as they can, and take as many of the Pinnacle pilots as possible. What percentage of Pncl pilots will prefer GoJet over ExpressJet. Pilot availability will ultimately drive the game. Frankly, I wouldn't doubt for a second that quite a vast majority of PNCL pilots will be flying with us at Expressjet- only question is "how".........

SkyWest Inc. is just standing to the side, and watching the plays before they intervene. I'd expect that SkyWest really wants (and needs) the new 76 seat airframes. They are waiting for the opportune time to make their move, and will be looking to snag new airframes, keep as many of the 50's as they can, and take as many of the Pinnacle pilots as possible. What percentage of Pncl pilots will prefer GoJet over ExpressJet. Pilot availability will ultimately drive the game. Frankly, I wouldn't doubt for a second that quite a vast majority of PNCL pilots will be flying with us at Expressjet- only question is "how".........

Unless the airframes go to SkyWest....

Latest resources

Back