• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta CEO on the CRJ-200 cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pinnacle is now the new Comair. They are pretty much a wholly owned now that Delta controls their financing. The bullseye is finally off of us. Feels good actually. Good luck to 9E. I am sure they will offer up our planes as bait![

I agree 9E is the next to get the royal Delta treatment. I agree your 700/900's will be used as bait but Im guessing those birds will be used to get a carrier such as Skywest who is under contract to park some 200's in exchange for your bigger CRJ's.

Since pinnacle is in bankruptcy Delta can get out of those leases a little easier I'm guessing without dangling a carrot. They don't need to dangle those Comair planes in front of Pinnacle pilots. They can just tell us to cooperate in the bankruptcy or suffer the same fait as Comair. Who knows how bad it's going to get at 9e. I'm guessing Pinnacle is going to shrink a lot before it gets better. I predict Pinnacle will lose most of their 200's. Pinnacle will be left with a super senior pilot group (the lifers) and they will either have the choice of huge pay cuts or Delta will find a new home for the remaining 41 900's. If 9e does survive and does get more bigger CRJ's I'm guessing it will be after 200's are parked and a new bankruptcy contract is ineffect. Which would probably be some of the new ones Delta ends up ordering. I'm speculating at some point Delta buys Pinnacle in the pinnacle bankruptcy. Probably after shrinking us down to lower the purchase price. Skywest probably ends up buying 9e from Delta. And if the pilots at 9e don't play nice Delta shuts down 9e, writes off the loss and the 41 900's go to Skywest.

But who knows, maybe if Delta gets their way which they usually seem to they keep Pinnacle as a wholly owned to keep carriers like Skywest honest. Which makes you wonder in that scenario why Comair couldn't have done that job. At that point I would say shutting down Comair was more then just cost of doing business unfortunately.

I wish everyone at Comair the best of luck. I hope for those that want to stay in the industry you beat the rest of us to the mainline jobs when they start hiring.

Do your parent's know that you are on the internet? You're in trouble! No TV for you.

OK, ok. You made your point. Now can we move back on subject..

So, what is big D's next move gonna be? Anyone?

Somehow I expect there will be more news forthcoming in the weeks ahead. A major move like shutting down Comair, they would already have the next two or three steps worked out.

Sounds like it's time to start a new regional to do some 70/90 flying. Existing companies have been around too long, fresh start with first year employees is the best way to cut costs. Anything to prevent them from doing this?

Pinnacle is now the new Comair. They are pretty much a wholly owned now that Delta controls their financing. The bullseye is finally off of us. Feels good actually. Good luck to 9E. I am sure they will offer up our planes as bait![

I agree 9E is the next to get the royal Delta treatment. I agree your 700/900's will be used as bait but Im guessing those birds will be used to get a carrier such as Skywest who is under contract to park some 200's in exchange for your bigger CRJ's.

Since pinnacle is in bankruptcy Delta can get out of those leases a little easier I'm guessing without dangling a carrot. They don't need to dangle those Comair planes in front of Pinnacle pilots. They can just tell us to cooperate in the bankruptcy or suffer the same fait as Comair. Who knows how bad it's going to get at 9e. I'm guessing Pinnacle is going to shrink a lot before it gets better. I predict Pinnacle will lose most of their 200's. Pinnacle will be left with a super senior pilot group (the lifers) and they will either have the choice of huge pay cuts or Delta will find a new home for the remaining 41 900's. If 9e does survive and does get more bigger CRJ's I'm guessing it will be after 200's are parked and a new bankruptcy contract is ineffect. Which would probably be some of the new ones Delta ends up ordering. I'm speculating at some point Delta buys Pinnacle in the pinnacle bankruptcy. Probably after shrinking us down to lower the purchase price. Skywest probably ends up buying 9e from Delta. And if the pilots at 9e don't play nice Delta shuts down 9e, writes off the loss and the 41 900's go to Skywest.

But who knows, maybe if Delta gets their way which they usually seem to they keep Pinnacle as a wholly owned to keep carriers like Skywest honest. Which makes you wonder in that scenario why Comair couldn't have done that job. At that point I would say shutting down Comair was more then just cost of doing business unfortunately.

I wish everyone at Comair the best of luck. I hope for those that want to stay in the industry you beat the rest of us to the mainline jobs when they start hiring.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This is probably spot on.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This is probably spot on.

I don't know, RA doesn't seem to like SkyWest too much and we are already too big for comfort. I don't think he wants to see us gain any more leverage. My money says Pinnacle loses their 200's and get's almost all of the new 900's, except those that go to Gojets.

Seems like everyday i hear of a new person just leaving the airline industry all together. I think that this glut of the most experienced pilots leaving is going to have an impact on safety soon.

It is nice to step away from this crap sandwich of a business for a month or more. You begin to realize there are other things in life. I hope the guys and girls at comair land on there feet.

I am not sure why people think Delta will buy 9e. Delta hates owning regionals. Why pay for the cost of swapping bases and planes around when you can just tell people to do it and not pay for it?

Also, it is waaaay too early in the bankruptcy for 9e to get any type of "positive" news. We will lose 200's until the day the judge says company can abrogate our contract. Only when it comes time to vote on crappy or crappier will there be anything construed as positive. Maybe not even until after that.

The unfortunate thing with this bankruptcy is that the best possible scenario is we will lose less airplanes. At least with the Mesaba bankruptcy there was the chance for straight up growth (which happened).

Latest resources

Back