Delta being broken up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tomct said:
:rolleyes:Uh General, I have not seen ONE order from Big D for new aircraft. In fact, they won't be able to even "Sniff" a new 787 for 4-5 years. Don't know how much of a chance they will have at getting any 73's, since every other one goes to SWA and then Airtran and then Continental. Of course, you could possibly pull some of those 72's or L-10's (you should be so lucky) out of the desert! I'll beleive it when I see it!
You guys haven't heard your getting the former TWA 757's?

AA is in a perpetual shrink mode and in a further kick to our grions announced turning the TWA 757's back to the lessor; and guess who snapped them up? Delta, who is in bankruptsy but recalling pilots and getting more airplanes???????????

How is Comair being parked have anything to do with the 40% domestic flying that is done by Regionals. As Comair is "parked" Mesa or some other carrier is bidding on their flying and will replace it. The flying is not going away or getting smaller, its just going to another carrier. This 40% will not get smaller ... it may even increase as Delta does more and more overseas flying with the 777 or, heaven forbid, the 787. Unless you are going to do the ATL to TYS (or like routes) in a 777.

JECKEL said:
How is Comair being parked have anything to do with the 40% domestic flying that is done by Regionals. As Comair is "parked" Mesa or some other carrier is bidding on their flying and will replace it. The flying is not going away or getting smaller, its just going to another carrier. This 40% will not get smaller ... it may even increase as Delta does more and more overseas flying with the 777 or, heaven forbid, the 787. Unless you are going to do the ATL to TYS (or like routes) in a 777.

There will be a large number of 50 seaters parked for good this Fall. Sure, there will be some 70 seaters added, but more planes will be parked then added, which is a good trend when it comes to RJs.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Tomct said:
:rolleyes:Uh General, I have not seen ONE order from Big D for new aircraft. In fact, they won't be able to even "Sniff" a new 787 for 4-5 years. Don't know how much of a chance they will have at getting any 73's, since every other one goes to SWA and then Airtran and then Continental. Of course, you could possibly pull some of those 72's or L-10's (you should be so lucky) out of the desert! I'll beleive it when I see it!

And I was reminded also of the 10 Ex TWA 757ERs that we will get starting July of 07 (2 a month), and supposedly there are a few more out there that AA is also getting rid of, so we may get more than 10. Not bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
There will be a large number of 50 seaters parked for good this Fall. Sure, there will be some 70 seaters added, but more planes will be parked then added, which is a good trend when it comes to RJs.

Add two 76-seaters and park three 50-seaters. Let's see...carry the one...Doh!

Latest resources

Back