Delta being broken up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dogwood said:
How then, does an airline with over 4 billion cash in the bank, file BK, throw out pilot pensions, and get away with it.

BK is now just a loophole to get around agreements, and is no longer a financial issue.

Using Ch 11 to get around union agreements is nothing new. In fact, it used to be very prominent in Lorenzo's old bag o' tricks.

Dogwood said:
How then, does an airline with over 4 billion cash in the bank, file BK, throw out pilot pensions, and get away with it.

BK is now just a loophole to get around agreements, and is no longer a financial issue.

They negotiate a CBA, while in BK, that ensures that the employee group will not challenge their motion to reject the pension plan in exchange for a $650M note and $2.1B claim.

JECKEL said:
How is Comair being parked have anything to do with the 40% domestic flying that is done by Regionals.

That 40% of DAL flying accouts for approximately 15% of domestic ASMs. Expect those numbers to get smaller going forward.

ReverseSensing said:
Add two 76-seaters and park three 50-seaters. Let's see...carry the one...Doh!

DAL will be parking significantly more 50 seat RJs than the few 76 seaters they'll be bringing online.

FDJ2 said:
DAL will be parking significantly more 50 seat RJs than the few 76 seaters they'll be bringing online.

With mainline CASM falling the way it is, I wouldn't be at all surprised. There probably is a point at which DCI CASM can (and should) go no lower.

ReverseSensing said:
There probably is a point at which DCI CASM can (and should) go no lower.

Well that depends, as far as employee costs go, I agree, but there might be a little bit more belt tightening in the executive suites that could lower CASM.

ReverseSensing said:
Add two 76-seaters and park three 50-seaters. Let's see...carry the one...Doh!

Doh !!!! is right.

Three aircraft cover three city pairs at sunrise, two aircraft (regardless of seat capacity) , cover two city pairs. Let's see, crews required for two aircraft instead of three, hmmm.

You might want to get a calculator.

mac36 said:
Doh !!!! is right.

Three aircraft cover three city pairs at sunrise, two aircraft (regardless of seat capacity) , cover two city pairs. Let's see, crews required for two aircraft instead of three, hmmm.

You might want to get a calculator.

I assume most of the DCI RJ's RON somewhere to get that sunrise feed. Does DAL have a plan for maintaining their domestic flying while giving up on a portion of that sunrise feed?

General Lee said:
And I was reminded also of the 10 Ex TWA 757ERs that we will get starting July of 07 (2 a month), and supposedly there are a few more out there that AA is also getting rid of, so we may get more than 10. Not bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

:0My mistake...I knew about the 75's from AA, but the ole "brainfart" appeared again! That's good news, but unless they are going to get the 787's from ILFC, I think that GG is blowing wind out his @SS!

Latest resources

Back