• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Announces Hiring 2014

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was told personally less than 2 months ago in the school house by an instructor that we'd hire 60 per month for first 6 months, then 40 per month 'til end of year...indefinitely...starting Jan 2014. He was reading from notes taken at an instructors meeting. What happened between now and then? Another JV...that's what!!!:angryfire

I don't know about the other 202 pilots, but I know I'll be looking at it long and hard and find out where I'll fall in the Delta seniority. I know that I'll hate to pay ALPO another freaking dime, but it is what it is. Last person I talked to, in the know, about Delta and hiring said that once Delta starts to hire it will be 60 a month indefinitely. That doesn't seem to be the case in that news letter. Any chance of coming on board and then taking a LOA for a year?

Net

So what's the alternative? A group saying "we can do better" isn't hearts and minds of the majority....

Anything??

So what's the alternative? A group saying "we can do better" isn't hearts and minds of the majority....

Anything??

One alternative would be posting more intelligible thoughts.

APA isn't ALPA and seems to be standing well on its own. Their dues are only 1%.

The regional carriers had too much say in Delta's latest pilot working agreement. The ALPA duel conflict of interest between majors and regionals is a problem.

One alternative would be posting more intelligible thoughts.

APA isn't ALPA and seems to be standing well on its own. Their dues are only 1%.

The regional carriers had too much say in Delta's latest pilot working agreement. The ALPA duel conflict of interest between majors and regionals is a problem.

Yeah right. How's that apa contract compare to delta's alpa contract. Oh and I still see a million eagle emb's and now crj's flying around.

Tail

Yeah right. How's that apa contract compare to delta's alpa contract. Oh and I still see a million eagle emb's and now crj's flying around.

Tail

You're comparing apples to oranges. Delta declared bankruptcy in 2005 and merged in 2008. American is still in bankruptcy and has yet to merge. Contracts that unions can negotiate are largely dictated by the status and health of the company and not a direct reflection of union muscle. APA will have the average of DAL & UAL pay rates by 2016.

The APA pilot union is amazingly strong and unified on its own. They are the only pilot group to have ever turned down a forced bankruptcy contract and get a better agreement. APA pilot scope was expanded to match Delta scope liberalization...where one goes the rest will follow, which is why it is important to remove ALPA national's conflict of interest.

"AIR LINE PILOTS ASSOCIATION, INTERNATIONAL" signs the pilot contracts at United and Delta. ALPA National is liable for damages brought to the regional pilot unions they represent, which is why regional pilot unions were party to UAL and DAL contract negotiations.

Last edited:
You may consider signing a DPA membership card to lower your dues.

You might want to do a little research.

APA brought us the "B-Scale."

They are also the hippocrites that proclaimed that the age 60 rule
was a "safety issue?" and, yet they are flying past age 60 after the rule change!

Any pilot that intentionally acts in a manner that they believe to be unsafe should have their licenses pulled.

Latest resources

Back