Delta Announces Hiring 2014

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Followed by SWAPA. Yes, it's a B Scale.

Andy said he'd cut me in if I posted this.

A contract with a pay rates you negotiated and signed between you and airtran that gave you substantial pay raises that had nothing to do with SWAPA is now a B scale?

Followed by SWAPA. Yes, it's a B Scale.

Andy said he'd cut me in if I posted this.

Sorry, as much as I sympathize with some of the stuff you guys have been through, this is crap. SWAPA has always had, and still has, one payscale. SWAPA negotiated it, and every single SWAPA pilot gets to enjoy it.

AirTran ALPA has another payscale, which they negotiated. Whether they enjoy it or not is up to them. When AirTran pilots stop being AirTran pilots and become Southwest pilots, then they'll be members of SWAPA flying for Southwest, and get SWAPA-negotiated rates.

It's pretty simple, really.

Tell me, Dicko, why exactly do you think that AirTran pilots should get payrates above what they negotiated? Just because? Pilots still at AirTran are still flying AirTran planes, routes, and less-efficient schedules that won't support being paid SWAPA rates. You've even got pilots on this forum bragging about their long layovers and short, always-commutable workdays, and how they don't want to "work as hard" as Southwest pilots. But you still want the higher pay for not doing the work? Tell me how you can justify this. Seriously.

You get paid what you negotiated for. But now you want to get paid what somebody ELSE negotiated for, even though you're not doing their job. That's rich.

Bubba

Sorry to get off track on the Delta thread.

I think it's great that you're hiring sooner rather than later. I keep hearing rumors about Southwest hiring this year, but so far it's just unsubstantiated gossip. However, generally speaking, when one airline is hiring, it's generally a good thing for the entire industry. Congrats.

Bubba

A contract with a pay rates you negotiated and signed between you and airtran that gave you substantial pay raises that had nothing to do with SWAPA is now a B scale?

It's a B Scale by definition. Two pilots working for the same company, flying the same aircraft that are payed differently. Or did you outsource your flying to a different company with lower wages ? It's pretty simple. You did both.

In exchange, you were given something. Perhaps SWA pilots need to take a little break from harassing Delta pilots for doing the same thing. At least they're hiring .....

It's a B Scale by definition. Two pilots working for the same company, flying the same aircraft that are payed differently. Or did you outsource your flying to a different company with lower wages ? It's pretty simple. You did both.

In exchange, you were given something. Perhaps SWA pilots need to take a little break from harassing Delta pilots for doing the same thing. At least they're hiring .....

Nice dodge.

The two pilots are NOT flying for the same company: One flies for Southwest, and works longer and more efficiently. The other flies for AirTran, and gets to enjoy commutable, easy trips with long layovers. The fact that the two different companies have the same owner is immaterial.

And they're not the same planes. They're the same TYPE of planes (and then only as far as the 737s go), but they're painted differently, they're operated under different rules, different schedules, and the ones that say AirTran on them don't bring in as much revenue per plane per day. The 717s are even more of a drag on revenue per plane per day, costing the same to operate, but carrying fewer passengers.

Outsourcing? Again, nope. SWAPA has never allowed that. We have the strongest scope clause in the industry, bar none. As soon as the acquisition was done, the RJ feed that ALPA had allowed at AirTran was discontinued (that's what actual outsourcing looks like, by the way :) ), and every month AirTran flying goes down while Southwest flying goes up. We didn't give away or sell any of OUR flying; we just couldn't assimilate all of yours instantaneously.

What SWAPA allowed was a temporary relief from the contract in order to assimilate AirTran. That relief expires at the end of 2014. It was allowed solely because the company had made a business decision to buy another airline, and in theory, it will make Southwest and SWAPA pilots stronger for it.

Like I said, I get why you're pissed. I really do. But you're turning into one of those exaggerating knuckleheads who do things like claiming another holocaust or genocide just to bring attention to their cause, because nobody would listen otherwise. In your case, all you do is do a disservice to legitimate criticisms of REAL outsourcing or B scales, and, of course, make yourself look silly. Geez, you're starting to sound like General Lee already.

Bubba

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back