• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and SWA 717's a done deal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jester, we're not all afraid. In fact, a significant number would be in favor of a choice for a number of reasons. Most likely won't happen, but as long as there are still rumors about the planes, there will be rumors about the pilots.

Latest is they will run the 717s through a third party and negate the AT pilots claim to have to go witht the airframes so the trannys fear of having to wear anything double breasted will be put to rest.

What happened to all the support for the
AirTran pilots ?

Is that how ALPA treats another ALPA group ?

What happened to all the support for the
AirTran pilots ?

Is that how ALPA treats another ALPA group ?

#1 ALPA = ALPO

#2 IF this truly happens, it is not a merger so there is no reason to take the pilots unless they wish to apply. They would have a better career at SWA than starting over here. SWA has had a great culture and I believe the will continue to do so.

#3 As far as support - I clearly remember a number of AT pilots in my neighborhood having a large DAL Bankrupcy party. I do realize this is a small percentage, but I hope they can understand why I have no sympathy for those who took part. Aviation is a small world and celebrating one carriers failures can and will end up coming back to haunt you - case in point.

#4 You have no dog in this fight. Perhaps if it was your wife and kids who would feel the impact of loosing senority you would not be so high and mighty in your thinking. Look at the facts here - it is what it is and that is just business, nothing pesonal.

Well said jester, it's just that we at swa fielded a lot of delta pilots complaints during our arguments about AT seniority. It's just ironic how real delta pilots actually get when faced with the (remote) possibility of them having to deal with it too.
But I disagree that you're paperwork is more solid than fragmentation sections of a CBA - and does DALPA really want to support that?
The argument is the same - they are bringing their toys to the party.

"I clearly remember a number of AT pilots in my neighborhood having a large DAL Bankrupcy party."

Wow, I have yet to meet one AirTran guy that was happy about that. A lot of us AirTran types have been through that before at other carriers and wouldn't wish that on anyone. Sorry to hear that.

#1 ALPA = ALPO

#4 You have no dog in this fight. Perhaps if it was your wife and kids who would feel the impact of loosing senority you would not be so high and mighty in your thinking. Look at the facts here - it is what it is and that is just business, nothing pesonal.

I might not have a dog I the fight , but I do know right from wrong .

You might want to step back and put ur self in someone's else's shoes .

"I clearly remember a number of AT pilots in my neighborhood having a large DAL Bankrupcy party."

That was confirmed?? I'm also sorry if that happened- but it sounds made up-

That was confirmed?? I'm also sorry if that happened- but it sounds made up-

Exactly.

Sadly, it was true. Nothing like just coming back off of furlough, go bankrupt, and then a week later see a big bash at a "friends" house only to find out they were dancing over DALs grave - or so they hoped.

It was stupid of them to do it - but it is what it is. I guess I use this to justify why I still call them "criter" on ATC every chance I get... it's all in good fun, right?

Latest resources

Back