• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and SWA 717's a done deal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I might not have a dog I the fight , but I do know right from wrong .

You might want to step back and put ur self in someone's else's shoes .

How is this wrong??? They are not lossing a job IF this happens and theyare NOT taking a pay cut. They get shinny new 737s and we get their old jets? Wrong?

GET A LIFE AND GO POST IN THE BATHROOM.

Once a pilot group becomes the poster boy of being the most hated all is fair. Years ago when I flew frieght anyone driving a car without rust was fair game for an insult. I used to say look at that pilot driving non bald tires, and the paint on their vehicle is all the same color! Damn them! They will pay! Cheers.

How is this wrong???

GET A LIFE AND GO POST IN THE BATHROOM.

Hi pot this is kettle .

You also know how it is wrong, ur being selfish is getting the best of you.

The AirTran pilots should be allowed the choice .ALPA. ALPA

Last edited:
Hi pot this is kettle .

You also know how it is wrong, ur being selfish is getting the best of you.

The AirTran pilots should be allowed the choice .ALPA. ALPA

LOL - funny, if true. ;)

The Delta pilots need to remember, this has nothing to do with a "merger", this has to do with our scope language that REQUIRES, in a major asset sale, the pilots to go with the planes. Period.

Again... it's NOT...ABOUT...A MERGER. It's about our scope language in our CBA that's still in force requiring the pilots to go with planes, if the planes or leases are sold.

That said, as I mentioned earlier, it really depends how they structure the deal and what management on both sides wants. If they structure it as a straight sale, you're going to get the pilots. If they don't, and Southwest wants to keep the AirTran pilots, then you won't.

Pretty simple, no need for the wailing and gnashing of teeth. What will be, will be. Make the best of it, whatever happens, have a good time, and enjoy life. Much too short to let things like this get you aggravated. The paychecks still cash, the job is good, why worry about what can't be changed?

I don't think you can go wrong, Southwest or Delta. Really seem to be the two best places for now, especially if Delta gets the pay rates in line on this next contract.

There's absolutely nothing anybody can do about it, except to literally pray for wisdom on part of the people that are making the decision.

LOL - funny, if true. ;)

The Delta pilots need to remember, this has nothing to do with a "merger", this has to do with our scope language that REQUIRES, in a major asset sale, the pilots to go with the planes. Period.

Again... it's NOT...ABOUT...A MERGER. It's about our scope language in our CBA that's still in force requiring the pilots to go with planes, if the planes or leases are sold.

That said, as I mentioned earlier, it really depends how they structure the deal and what management on both sides wants. If they structure it as a straight sale, you're going to get the pilots. If they don't, and Southwest wants to keep the AirTran pilots, then you won't.

Pretty simple, no need for the wailing and gnashing of teeth. What will be, will be. Make the best of it, whatever happens, have a good time, and enjoy life. Much too short to let things like this get you aggravated. The paychecks still cash, the job is good, why worry about what can't be changed?

They would probably structure a deal that didn't allow that to happen. Maybe meter in the planes, not all at once. There are also other 717s out there that might be able to be sourced first, and then the Airtran planes coming in a rate that doesn't trigger that. Who knows? But, I don't think RA or GK want that either. GK will keep the 737-300/500s around a bit longer to take up the slack if this occurs at all. Isn't Southwest getting 22 737-800s this year? What about the next few years?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nothing says professional like a Delta pilot

You are a sad little man

NO Dog in the fight. Go give some more dual "for free cause I need the time."

Just heard that Airbus is sweetening up their offer anyhow. Bottom line is DAL is finally going to add on some jets. I really do think shedding the leases for SWA is a smart move. The numbers I have seen indicate that they are paying the same amount monthly for a 717 as we are for 767-300s. Just doesn't make for a good bottom line. They will either try to "adjust" their leases or look for another buyer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back