Delta and SkyTeam offer 1 billion for JAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rtmcfi

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/11/18/business/AP-AS-Delta-Japan-Airlines.html

TOKYO (AP) -- Delta Air Lines and its alliance partners said Wednesday they are making a billion dollar offer to lure loss-making Japan Airlines from its affiliation with American Airlines.
Delta is ''by far the strongest partner for Japan Airlines,'' company president Edward Bastian told reporters in Tokyo, escalating the tug-of-war for a minority stake in Japan's flagship carrier.
The offer from Delta and the SkyTeam alliance includes a $500 million capital investment, $300 million in short-term revenue guarantees, and $200 million in asset-backed financing for the airline, known as JAL.

Well, here is where your pension $ is going........

And AMR has already publicly stated that they will beat it. I bet the Japanese and JAL are loving this!

Your a T:p:pL. How do you like them apples.

"License to chill" .... My god man. Truly pathetic.

OK :) It is an anonymous forum you can say what you want. Apples? Did you run out of meds?

I simply what to follow the news on the JAL situation. Is that OK with you?

PS Pathetic is flying for a LCC. Prostitution of the career.

I work at a major, fly very little and run two businesses on side averaging 70K/month in the recession so I call it license to chill.
Feel free to ask personal questions through pm.

AMR upped their offer, we stated we would up our a little more. IMO JAL wants Skyteam, and we will show an unwillingness publicly to keep upping the price to one-up AMR.

Latest resources

Back