• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Delta and SkyTeam offer 1 billion for JAL

rtmcfi

Total Time
>req
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/11/18/business/AP-AS-Delta-Japan-Airlines.html

TOKYO (AP) -- Delta Air Lines and its alliance partners said Wednesday they are making a billion dollar offer to lure loss-making Japan Airlines from its affiliation with American Airlines.
Delta is ''by far the strongest partner for Japan Airlines,'' company president Edward Bastian told reporters in Tokyo, escalating the tug-of-war for a minority stake in Japan's flagship carrier.
The offer from Delta and the SkyTeam alliance includes a $500 million capital investment, $300 million in short-term revenue guarantees, and $200 million in asset-backed financing for the airline, known as JAL.

Well, here is where your pension $ is going........

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
And AMR has already publicly stated that they will beat it. I bet the Japanese and JAL are loving this!

EMBpilot

Total Time
~14K
Your a T:p:pL. How do you like them apples.

"License to chill" .... My god man. Truly pathetic.

OK :) It is an anonymous forum you can say what you want. Apples? Did you run out of meds?

I simply what to follow the news on the JAL situation. Is that OK with you?

EMBpilot

Total Time
~14K
PS Pathetic is flying for a LCC. Prostitution of the career.

I work at a major, fly very little and run two businesses on side averaging 70K/month in the recession so I call it license to chill.
Feel free to ask personal questions through pm.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
AMR upped their offer, we stated we would up our a little more. IMO JAL wants Skyteam, and we will show an unwillingness publicly to keep upping the price to one-up AMR.

AWACoff

Total Time
I don't believe JAL will not leave for Skyteam. American can't afford to lose JAL.

crj567

PS Pathetic is flying for a LCC. Prostitution of the career.

I work at a major, fly very little and run two businesses on side averaging 70K/month in the recession so I call it license to chill.
Feel free to ask personal questions through pm.

-Why bother wasting your time flying airplanes, Trump? I mean, 70K a month? With what has become of this industry, the meager airline wages you earn won't even cover the property tax on your little "cabin" in Vail. Why don't you just move along and go spend all your valuable time with other endeavours? Perhaps you can turn that 70K per month into 170k if you actually gave it some full-time effort.

-Can I be your next apprentice?
-Where the hell is that Grey Poupon, anyhow?

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
-Why bother wasting your time flying airplanes, Trump? I mean, 70K a month? With what has become of this industry, the meager airline wages you earn won't even cover the property tax on your little "cabin" in Vail. Why don't you just move along and go spend all your valuable time with other endeavours? Perhaps you can turn that 70K per month into 170k if you actually gave it some full-time effort.

-Can I be your next apprentice?
-Where the hell is that Grey Poupon, anyhow?

You forgot the questions you are required to ask: "Would you like fries with that?" And, "what would you like me to do to you in the bathroom for $20 bucks, sailor?"

Wake up McFry!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Scope out RJ's

Banned
Total Time
You forgot the questions you are required to ask: "Would you like fries with that?" And, "what would you like me to do to you in the bathroom for $20 bucks, sailor?"

Wake up McFry!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually, it's $5, we're in a recession! And he wears that really cool ASA f/o's uniform and keeps his hat on for it!:laugh:

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
CRJ567 can't say $hit with out Scope pointing out his 5 dollar (ahem) "services".

And that my friends.....is justice!