Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and NWA Starting Positions From First Meeting...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have already up'd our order for 777. Boeing is on a gag order so as to keep it quiet. The reason to keep it hush hush is due to financing, which is being provided by a Overseas bank. And that's all I can say. Be interesting to see if it comes out in these hearings.
Far as calling widebodies "super" and asking for DOH sounds like nwa has a week case. Not sure why they would waste time going for DOH when history has shown don't bother asking an arbitrator for it. Nothing like wasting time asking for something your not going to get.

Nobody ever accused the NW mec of having any kind of intelligence. Look at their history of infighting between the books. Also look at how they haven't settled anything outside of arbitration. Its much easier to blame the arbitrator then to actually have to do what you were elected to do.

I love that the A330 is Super-Premium compared to the 777 based on the two airlines chosen seating configuration. In other words, because Delta chose to install more "Super-Premium" First Class seats at the expense coach seating the A330 is a better plane.

Lets see what the manufactures have to say:

A330-200---A330-300---777-200ER---777-200LR

32/211------ 34/264-------50/218---------43/233---Seating
6750--------- 5650---------7700------------9380------Range
515.7K-------515.8K------656K-----------766K-----MRW

It is absolutely unbelievable that the NW negotiating team has make the case that the 330 is better (and deserving of higher seniority consideration) than the 777 based solely on the 330-300 having more seats installed.

??????? :bomb:

I love that the A330 is Super-Premium compared to the 777 based on the two airlines chosen seating configuration. In other words, because Delta chose to install more "Super-Premium" First Class seats at the expense coach seating the A330 is a better plane.

Lets see what the manufactures have to say:

A330-200---A330-300---777-200ER---777-200LR

32/211------ 34/264-------50/218---------43/233---Seating
6750--------- 5650---------7700------------9380------Range
515.7K-------515.8K------656K-----------766K-----MRW

It is absolutely unbelievable that the NW negotiating team has make the case that the 330 is better (and deserving of higher seniority consideration) than the 777 based solely on the 330-300 having more seats installed.

??????? :bomb:

How many 777's on DAL property right now? Because that is all that will matter, but you know that right? You know that because you have looked into past arbitrations and seen how the arbitrators feel about "future options, correct?

DAL bashes NWA's old airplanes, NWA bashed DAL's light twins.

It's called negotiating! Of course they are starting there.... What do you think they would say?

You guys go ahead and get worked up about something that is out of your hands. Get that blood pressure rising and medical out ;)

Both sides are going for opposites and it will likely meet in the middle. Bottom line is its pointless to argue like 2nd graders about this stuff.

I would put the 330 and 777 on the same level. I do put the 330 above the 767 though. My opinion does not matter. I do have to question why the NWA MEC would take the US Airways' approach after it was proven unsuccessful. Hopefully the arbitrators are smart enough to not screw the NWA pilots as bad as the US Airways' pilot, or this company will be screwed.

How many 777's on DAL property right now? Because that is all that will matter, but you know that right? You know that because you have looked into past arbitrations and seen how the arbitrators feel about "future options, correct?

DAL bashes NWA's old airplanes, NWA bashed DAL's light twins.

Sure, I know how many each airlines has however the case was made that seating configuration made one better than another.

The NW comparison also fails to mention the 777 on order however didn't forget the 787s on order. Also, the 21 767-400s were left out of the NW comparison of aircraft. Lets see if they would fit into the mix:

42-200 international seating configuration
5625 range
450K MTW

Hmm... Not a Super Duper Secret Ultra Premium Aircraft.

You deflected very well though. :beer:

A 766k pound MTOW airplane is a light twin? So that means that the A330 is a "light twin" as well, right?

Just be sure and make everyone wear their Hats!

-All Hats, All The Time!!

Latest resources

Back