Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and NWA Starting Positions From First Meeting...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The NW comparison also fails to mention the 777 on order however didn't forget the 787s on order. Also, the 21 767-400s were left out of the NW comparison of aircraft. Lets see if they would fit into the mix:

..I am sure you will get credit for those 787s on order, but in reality, expect those 787s to be converted to 777s. Delta doesn't want the 787 until it is a long range airplane. The first bunch -100s (?) are not an international airplane. Delta wants the LRs which are 5-7 years away.

DAL came out with what was best for the DAL side and NWA came out with something they felt was best for the NWA side. Its just negotiations. Reasonable is in the eye of the beholder and just because you see the DAL offer as reasonable doesnt mean it is. I dont blame our MEC anymore than i blame DAL mec for their strategic plans. In the end it will likely be in the middle so we can equally biche about it.

Both sides went for the Gold in hopes of getting at least the silver. time will tell. Cheers till then. :beer:

You are wrong, Delta is going for what they can defend as fair. NWA has, is, and always will adopt the outdated principle of shooting for the moon and hoping for the middle, aka USAirways.

You are wrong, Delta is going for what they can defend as fair. NWA has, is, and always will adopt the outdated principle of shooting for the moon and hoping for the middle, aka USAirways.

Of course i am, I forgot everyone is wrong except for you! :rolleyes:

On another note, I am seeing that DOH is unreasonable for the NWA pilots as a starting poisition. As a NWA pilot, I am honestly surprised they didn't start with dynamic seniority with DOH from the start. Date of hire doesn't do much for 3/4 of our group since our list is very senior.

Redrum

I agree. DOH with a dynamic list would have been a good opener for NWA. Starting at DOH, which is middle ground while Delta is talking ridiculous ratios, doesn't seem like a sound strategy.

Of course, considering that the arbitrators are experienced, intelligent and are easily able to spot unreasonable opening positions, it probably would be best for both pilots groups to have at least the NWA pilots taking a fair, intelligent and reasonable opening stance on this very important issue of seniority integration.

Last edited:
Of course i am, I forgot everyone is wrong except for you! :rolleyes:

Wrong again. I am wrong a lot. Just not in this case. My MEC can defend their position nicely, and show how it benefits NWA pilots as well as Delta pilots. You guys yourself said that your MEC is shooting for the moon and hoping for the middle. You cannot defend DOH, and you sure as hell cannot defend DOH with dynamic seniority. Yesterday's transcripts are now available, and our side did an excellent job of pulling the facts of where exactly both companies are going.

I hope the NWA MEC does not pull another, we want this, oh wait, we don't want that. This time is for real.

Puff,

Seriously, save it for the arbitrators. They'll listen to anything, that doesn't mean they'll agree with it. It is out of our hands now. Debating here is pointless.

Historically the Northwest pilot leadership has been unreasonable and hotheaded in the way they approach matters. I have a couple relatives who fly there who would agree with my assessment. In the end it probably will hurt them more than help them in these arbitration hearings.

Puff,

Seriously, save it for the arbitrators. They'll listen to anything, that doesn't mean they'll agree with it. It is out of our hands now. Debating here is pointless.

Just a little play-by-play from my perspective. The Delta pilots are staying on track despite all kinds of wacko stuff from an unorganized, ill-prepared NWA MEC. The opening briefs say it all. It'll all be over in six weeks anyway. What else is there to talk about?

I don't understand why this so complicated. Both are unionized under ALPA, and ALPA had a policy of DOH right? What's the problem here? Seems to me that you just order everyone by their date of hire, and everyone maintains their current seat positions until they decide to bid something else. If you were an ATL 757 FO before, you're an ATL 757 FO after. That way no one loses anything, and everyone's seniority is respected.

Latest resources

Back