Delta and Compass Arrangement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LSmall

A friend of mine said he is sending his daughter to a job fair in Las Vegas to meet pilot recruiters for Compass Airlines. He said if she gets hired by Compass she will be hired by Delta later without an interview. Sounds fishy to me.

Can someone enlighten me so I can discuss this with my friend?

There is a "Flow-through" agreement with CPZ.
I suggest checking out their website though for the most updated information.

I'm going to move this to the Regionals forum for 2 reasons.

1, it's a thread about Compass hiring.

2. The Compass pilots will know a LOT more about this than any of the Delta pilots. The mainline people know about it, but the guys & gals who actually are affected (Compass) will know the details.

p.s. I'm not sure if it's without an interview, but I know that it's the fastest way for a low-timer to get hired at Delta. They've had that agreement in place since my last year at Pinnacle when they first cranked up Compass ('05-'06).

My friend said he talked to one of Delta's executive and he told him Delta was about to "pull the trigger" and start hiring pilots. He said the agreement required Delta to hire the first 20 each month from Compass. I told him I would check it out.

I thought Delta still had hundreds of pilots on furlough.

The Compass flow up agreement allows for 20 Compass pilots per month to go to Delta up to a maximum of 25% of the seniority list (currently 400ish total so 100ish) in a rolling 12 month period.

No further interview is required, and the Compass interview is changing to the Delta interview by summer's end. The minimums at Compass are the same as Delta as they just added a 4-year degree requirement.

30 months is true. However since only 25% of the list can go per year it's reasonable to make 4 years the minimum

Hi!

DAL has no pilots on furlough. The last furloughees from NWA were recalled May? 2008, and the DAL furloughs were recalled much sooner than that...DAL had new hires while NWA had guys on furlough, earlier. From what I have read online, DAL would have already started hiring at the beginning of this year, but the economy didn't pick up as planned. They have guys that have not returned, voluntarily (mil leave, etc., etc.). On the negative side, if you search, you can find guys predicting imminent furloughs for the past XX years, since the merger was first announced, so if you believe them DAL won't hire for years.

There is no interview at DAL, but I EVERYONE has to meet DAL mins, so you have to have a 4 year degree, which was not required at Compass initially.

After the 1st 20 (depending) from Compass, then "XX" (not sure of the number) will come from Mesaba each month, THEN the DAL hiring will be open to everyone.

At Compass, besides the time requirement, you also have to be a Compass capt to go to DAL.

cliff
LFW

Latest resources

Back