Delta and Compass Arrangement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

DAL has no pilots on furlough. The last furloughees from NWA were recalled May? 2008, and the DAL furloughs were recalled much sooner than that...DAL had new hires while NWA had guys on furlough, earlier.

Not entirely accurate. There are three furloughed NWA flowbacks at Compass right now. Nos 1,2 and 3 on the Compass seniority list.

Not entirely accurate. There are three furloughed NWA flowbacks at Compass right now. Nos 1,2 and 3 on the Compass seniority list.

Also there are about 250ish on VOLUNTARY furlough bypass that may or may not ever come back.

I am glad to hear that the 4 year degree is still a requirement at Delta. It will make the flow get to me a lot sooner here at XJ. No offense to you at XJ without a degree, but I spent a lot of time and money, put my airline career on hold in order to get the degree, and am proud of my army service and degree. I assume that those without degrees will just be bypassed and asked later on if they want to flow if and when they meet the mins? XJ can flow like 9 a month after Compass gets their slots.

You don't have to have a degree to flow from Compass to Delta, though I'm not aware of anyone who doesn't have a degree at Compass so it may be a moot point.

My friend said he talked to one of Delta's executive and he told him Delta was about to "pull the trigger" and start hiring pilots. He said the agreement required Delta to hire the first 20 each month from Compass. I told him I would check it out.

I thought Delta still had hundreds of pilots on furlough.

I believe it is the first 20 in each CLASS, not month. No more than 25 % of the pilot group.

For any Compass and/or Mesaba pilots, does anyone have a link to or a copy of the flow-through LOA? It would be interesting to reed it.

Latest resources

Back