• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and Compass Arrangement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I read on APC, Mesaba pilots have an agreement only with their MGMT and no one else is bound. It sounds like the Mesaba MGMT simply signed a non binding agreement offering a flow through that has not obligated NWA, now Delta. Maybe, they are trying to blow sunshine. They are selling snake oil.

As far as the numbers you have stated, where could one find such an agreement?

Speedtape- For information concerning Mesaba's flowthrough agreement ref. NWA LOA 2007-05 and 2008-01. All of the details you want to know are in those agreements. 9 per month up to 10% of our total group in a rolling 12 months. We flow after the Compass guys.

Respectively speaking, I don't see what the big deal is? These argreements were negotiated by the NWA pilots and their mgt as stated in the agreements.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. Thank you Nu. You said that well.

We threw our johnsons on the chopping block, and the knife never came down. Now that it looks as if the flow will go the other way, everyone wants a piece of the action. What a surprise.

I'll remember you said that when Delta starts hiring again. I predict this...

They plan to hire X number of pilots. Well, instead of having their nuts in a sling for 25 per class coming from Mesaba and Compass, they will just hire all X pilots in the same class, that lets them use their selection process for X-25.

Don't be surprised if there is only one class per year!

I'll remember you said that when Delta starts hiring again. I predict this...

They plan to hire X number of pilots. Well, instead of having their nuts in a sling for 25 per class coming from Mesaba and Compass, they will just hire all X pilots in the same class, that lets them use their selection process for X-25.

Don't be surprised if there is only one class per year!

I understand your argument; however, there are some protections in the MSA agreement to help mitigate your theory.

I have also been in this industry long enough to understand that nothing is written in stone.:)

I didn't see any other outfit that put those kinds of chips on the table.

That's because the NWA MEC was much more progressive than the DAL MEC. There never was any offer made from the DAL MEC to any of the wholly-owned regionals (or contract carriers for that matter) about any type of flow. Of course, post BK the only wholly-owned DAL carrier was CMR, and no way would the DAL pilots lift a finger to help a CMR pilot.

After the DAL MEC inherited the NWA MEC, things are getting more progressive over there. The flow, like it or not, is part of the deal and quite honestly probably saved a crapload of DAL pilots from being furloughed. Hopefully things will change in the future and more pilot groups will get included, but I predict egos will get in the way and nothing will happen.

That's because the NWA MEC was much more progressive than the DAL MEC. There never was any offer made from the DAL MEC to any of the wholly-owned regionals (or contract carriers for that matter) about any type of flow. Of course, post BK the only wholly-owned DAL carrier was CMR, and no way would the DAL pilots lift a finger to help a CMR pilot.

After the DAL MEC inherited the NWA MEC, things are getting more progressive over there. The flow, like it or not, is part of the deal and quite honestly probably saved a crapload of DAL pilots from being furloughed. Hopefully things will change in the future and more pilot groups will get included, but I predict egos will get in the way and nothing will happen.

That is just not true. The DAL MEC did offer a flow through or preferrential hiring to Comair and ASA, but they wanted DOH. (no joke) They said "We fly DL passengers, so we should have DL numbers." Then they thought they were going to get DOH thanks to the ALPA merger policy. I honestly saw an ASA Captain jumping up and down saying "I will move right into the MD11 right seat." I saw another ASA Captain say in his deep voice (he was a CP for ASA for awhile supposedly) "I want to retire on the 737-800 doing Latin America flights." I heard those quotes directly, and that is the absolute truth. (I was jumpseating at the time)

Bye Bye---General Lee

That is just not true. The DAL MEC did offer a flow through or preferrential hiring to Comair and ASA, but they wanted DOH. (no joke) They said "We fly DL passengers, so we should have DL numbers." Then they thought they were going to get DOH thanks to the ALPA merger policy. I honestly saw an ASA Captain jumping up and down saying "I will move right into the MD11 right seat." I saw another ASA Captain say in his deep voice (he was a CP for ASA for awhile supposedly) "I want to retire on the 737-800 doing Latin America flights." I heard those quotes directly, and that is the absolute truth. (I was jumpseating at the time)

I was talking about the time frame that Compass was created, not 10 years prior. I am not interested in beating a dead horse, but I will say that the NWA MEC was able to work with their wholly-owned regionals to find a flow that worked for both parties.

I was talking about the time frame that Compass was created, not 10 years prior. I am not interested in beating a dead horse, but I will say that the NWA MEC was able to work with their wholly-owned regionals to find a flow that worked for both parties.

You mean the entire conception of Compass which was created to outsource NWA DC9 flying? Not quite the same as a regional and major "coming to terms". I believe the flow was part of the deal from the get go and it was one of the tools that was used to get the pilots to bite off on it while they had a gun to their head. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You mean the entire conception of Compass which was created to outsource NWA DC9 flying? Not quite the same as a regional and major "coming to terms". I believe the flow was part of the deal from the get go and it was one of the tools that was used to get the pilots to bite off on it while they had a gun to their head. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Compass was created in bankruptcy, so yes, there were no pilots to come to terms with. But Mesaba, on the other hand...

Not only that, but DAL and NWA outsourced a similar number of 76-seat jets during bankruptcy. DAL just gave the flying away with no return. NWA still gave the flying away, but attached the flow to it. Personally, I think the NWA method was better.

Hi!

Also, if Delta is one one the only majors hiring in the near future (probably true) that means that Comapass and Mesaba will be the only Regionals hiring in the near future. Interesting.
CAL will be hiring relatively soon.
American Eagle, Cape Air, Colgan and Great Lakes are all hiring now. ExpressJet and Pinnacle will all probably be hiring relatively soon. Mesa may even recall everyone and start hiring, as their attrition is increasing. I bet SkyWest will start hiring this year.

cliff
LFW

Latest resources

Back