• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and Compass Arrangement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a "Flow-through" agreement with CPZ.
I suggest checking out their website though for the most updated information.

Is this going to be honored by Delta and the Delta Pilot group? Are they bound to it?

I can't imagine that Delta HR would allow this as they seem to control the process. My bet is that the Compass pilots will have to interview, just like anyone else, and they will have to meet the same requirements, just like anyone else. I would bet that they will not honor what they did not sign.

Is this going to be honored by Delta and the Delta Pilot group? Are they bound to it?

I can't imagine that Delta HR would allow this as they seem to control the process. My bet is that the Compass pilots will have to interview, just like anyone else, and they will have to meet the same requirements, just like anyone else. I would bet that they will not honor what they did not sign.
I think this is what you want more that what you think will happen....

I think this is what you want more that what you think will happen....

I will not be impacted one way or the other, so what I want, has nothing to do with it. I think that is what will happen because I am very familiar with how Delta HR controls the process. It gets back to the question of "is Delta bound by that flow-through agreement?" My guess is that they will find a way around it, if they are. And if they are not, a Compass pilot will have the same shot as anyone else, if he is qualified and applies.

My uneducated guess is that Delta is bound by that contract, just as they are bound by all the feeder contracts that Northwest had in place before the merger.

They could try to violate it, but would likely get sued in the process. Time will tell, though...

This has been covered many times but I'll summarize...

The Compass flow agreement is a binding four party contract between DALAPA, CPZALPA, Compass Airlines, and Delta Airlines.

Compass pilots are the first 20 pilots per month (after furloughs) in class at Delta. There is no interview and they don't have to have "Delta minimums" or a "four year degree" though they likely do.

Only 25% of the Compass seniority list can flow up in a rolling 12 month period.

Compass pilots must be Captains and must have been on payroll for 30 months in order to flow.

Up to 10% of the Compass seniority list can have 'super seniority' if they bypass flow-up, otherwise Delta flow downs are put on the top of the list.

There is probably more but that should cover most questions.

Latest resources

Back