Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They have other ways to figure out if your personality is a sticking point
(Besides, this is delta anyway....)

I mean we figured out Wavey pretty quick and didn't hire him, so something over here works....

Tic wave

I've heard from more than one Endeavor crew that they are treated rudely at the interviews and it's just a formality as they were never going to be hired. I've no idea if this is correct or sour grapes.

Here is a question from the opposite end of the spectrum, could a 4.0 GPA be detrimental? Could that high of a GPA lead to questions about your personality, or lack thereof, and the institution from which you graduated?

4.0 detrimental? is THAT why you got a 2.2? Just kidding.

How can it be detrimental? Dude, there ARE smart people out there with personalities. This isn't is police interview where they ask you if you ever tried some pot.

If 50 applicants ALL have a letter of rec, same hours, and clean past, you HAVE to rank them some how, ehh?

I've heard from more than one Endeavor crew that they are treated rudely at the interviews and it's just a formality as they were never going to be hired. I've no idea if this is correct or sour grapes.

I think I read on the other website that the majority of the 490 or so newhires this year so far have been Endeavor pilots. Not everyone over there is going to be hired, unless they had the flow up provision.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It is worth a shot, but apparently right now your app is put into one of three piles. First pile is "we gotta have this person right now." The second is "not bad, but let's wait a bit." Third is a Nope.

I don't know how many F15 guys with 4.0s and Master Degrees are out there, but I bet DL, AA, and UAL will be going after them too. Try to get a recommendation, make sure your app is clean, and give it a shot. Hiring should last for years at all of the big 3. Go for it!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why would airlines want to hire pilots with masters degrees? Seems like overkill unless the pilot wants to slither into a management job down the line.

Why would airlines want to hire pilots with masters degrees? Seems like overkill unless the pilot wants to slither into a management job down the line.

Dedication? They can focus? I don't know, but it certainly doesn't hurt. I think they used to hire guys in their early 30s with a family and a Military background. Now all of those guys are scheduled to retire within a 5-10 year period and there will be a hiring shortage. I think they've learned to hire different types of pilots with different age ranges to avoid that again.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I got an email for an interview. I have 3.0 GPA, have a misdemeanor on my record (not proud of it), and failed a checkride in GA training. Just goes to show you, no one has a clue what they are looking for.

Note: I respectfully turned down the interview as I am already employed at another legacy.

I've also heard through channels that a lot of the early people coming in from Endeavor weren't prepared for the interview. Like lost....

I don't know which side to believe....good luck to all who try. Beer on me when we fly.

I had a 3.0, did it in 3 1/2 years while flying freight and working two other jobs. I am glad DAL wasn't hiring when I was looking. Such superficial BS. I fly with guys that are lawyers, doctors or have maters in Engineering. Some of them cant fly worth a crap, have zero SA and no personal skills. Then there's the few who never went to college, great pilots and a blast to be with. Just another way for DAL and any other airline to miss out on great candidates. Same with SWA idiotic type requirement. We miss a lot of great pilots because of that.

Latest resources

Back