• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Air to Unveil Plans For a Low-Cost

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow so we at Comair are going to get another paintjob! All the Angry Poodles ie CRJ's will be called Air Sunshine Jr since we will be the regional feed for the new LCC.

SLEEPY,

I know you wouldn't, and I was just responding to BLZRD. Most of you guys see the "big picture" and that is good. I hope most of our guys at Delta also tune in to that "big picture" and do what is necessary to get our airline back on the right path. I think the LCC plan is a good one for now, and we'll see how it goes. Atleast management is trying to do something about it.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

Yep-

That is the Gen we all know and love-even back in 2002, he was sucking up to an entirely different mgmt. and waxing their nuts.

-"Thank you sir-may I have another?"
-Gen Lee-2002 thru present.

(I am sure some nonsense about Wendy's will follow in 3, 2,1....)
-Lame

Why would you waste others time by digging up and posting such an old thread?

I kinda like a little reminder to pay attention and actually read something. These days, it doesn't take a lot of effort to confirm things or consider the source.

Grabbing onto Headlines, Soundbites, and Talking Points and running with it is what allows you to be lead around by the nose.

Tax "write-offs" are really misunderstood. The only thing that a write-off does is offset profits.

Delta has no profits right now to "write-off" anything against. The last thing that they need are more losses, which is what write-offs are.

I don't think this thing will succeed, simply because it would be too painful to change Delta's corporate culture. Mullin's background is regulated industries like utilities and banking- hardly the scrappy innovator required to pull this thing off.

AirTran succeeds because we have shrewd airline management and pilots who have been through tremendous ups and downs. Most of the pilots here have had seniority numbers at three, four, five or more different carriers, and have become convinced that the best way to look out for the pilot group is by making sure the company is profitable, and doing our part to make that happen . . . this is the reverse of the major airlines, whose pilots believe that the way to be compensated fairly is to put financial penalties on the company to protect "their" flying . . .

I think Delta ought to focus on being Delta- delivering a quality product, with a frequent schedule throughout a nationwide network, insyead of losing hundreds of millions trying to protect "market share" which really translates into fighting scrappy carriers for the bottom-paying passenger.

Sheesh!

Tax write-offs can be carried forward to a "profitable" year. Remember, accounting is as much an art as a science...

I kinda like a little reminder to pay attention and actually read something. These days, it doesn't take a lot of effort to confirm things or consider the source.

Grabbing onto Headlines, Soundbites, and Talking Points and running with it is what allows you to be lead around by the nose.

You mean like 90% of America?

Latest resources

Back