• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Air Lines Orders Up to 70 Bombardier CRJ900 NextGen Jetliners

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How the F do you know if I have a chance? LOL!

For all you know I could be an F-22 Wing Commander with 10,000 hours and a PHD in Human Factors.

or as in the case of the what I saw get hired in early2008 when I interviewed and didn't get hired... a gal with 2000TT and mostly in Caravans, flying VFR in Africa..

Delta announced an order for 40 Bombardier CRJ900s with options for 30 more, a move aimed at replacing smaller, less-efficient 50-seat regional jets and a big step toward the overall goal of flying larger planes to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction, Richard said. Bombardier will take back 50-seaters as part of the deal.

“It’s very important for us because we have too many (50-seaters),” he said. “By doing this transaction we were able to take 60 more of them out.”

This statement by Delta management is a good indicator of a couple of things
1) They aren't going Gojet (Thank god) Which also means we do not need to take a contract in line with theirs. It is a two horse race between 9E and XJT/ASA
2) The current 9E situation is not like Comair (yet)
I think there are two scenarios that will play out.

I will tweak the math from an earlier thread to show how well Delta management is manipulating this situation. In the earlier thread you wondered how a TA would pass if only 1500 pilots would be employed at 9e. As of August there were 2571 pilots and attrition is running 40/month, so let's say there are 2450 pilots left today. Delta was very careful in stating they would exchange 40 900's for 60 200's. Why not tell the truth? They are getting rid of way more than just 60.
Answer: to pass Pinnacle's TA.
Now 9e management/ALPA can sell a TA that will secure 80 200's and 81 900's which would keep 1950 pilots on property (XJ has always staffed about 12 pilots/plane) Alpa can go back to the pilots and say "look we are better than Gojets and 1900ish of you will still have a job" (Not true but it is a neat gimmick)
Maybe we sign, maybe not. I think given those numbers it would pass. Then Delta gets rid of at least 40 more 200's. If we vote it down, we go get in line behind Comair guys at the next job fair.

Then Delta can whipsaw the remaining 30 900's to try and get ASA/XJT to take cuts to match 9e and dump the number of 200's down to the magic 125 number.

Or the other way around, they give 40 900's to XJT to scare the crap out of 9e to take whatever management gives out.

Either way not a great scenario for anyone at the regionals.

Things are only dire because Peaknuckle ran their outfit into the dirt. Not sure why GoJets is so bad considering the cleaning the 9E guys and gals are about to get. Like it or not, you're the new Mesa/Geauxjets.

You probably won't get the chance. But if you do, that SkyWest RJ model will be a classic, maybe worth a lot of money, since there will be so few RJs left by then. As far as who I am, I'm easy to see in the terminal. I'm the tall guy (6'5) that weighs about 140lbs. I look like Learch.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Skywest RJ's are going to be around for awhile and.............. 6'5" @ 140lbs..... are you dying?

1) They aren't going Gojet (Thank god) Which also means we do not need to take a contract in line with theirs. It is a two horse race between 9E and XJT/ASA

Here, I fixed it for you:

"It is a two horse race between 9E and SKYW, Inc."

Skywest RJ's are going to be around for awhile and.............. 6'5" @ 140lbs..... are you dying?

The only protein he gets is from his boyfriend.

A couple post talk as if 9e is cheaper then SkyWest... If that was the case then 9e would be able to keep the 16 aircraft going to SkyWest... I don't think the first 40 will go to SkyWest.. But 9e better watch out for a left hook from GoJet or Mesa....

Latest resources

Back