• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 717 problems?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From a guy who complains about a type rating, and yet has allowed the outsourcing of literally tens of thousands of jobs.

Not even in the same ballpark.

Wave, he's just been pissed for years when SW continued to hire right thru 9/11 and then paid more than his widebody. That's got to hurt the Village Idiot's ego.

From a guy who complains about a type rating, and yet has allowed the outsourcing of literally tens of thousands of jobs.

Not even in the same ballpark.

Wave, he's just been pissed for years when SW continued to hire right thru 9/11 and then paid more than his widebody. That's got to hurt the Village Idiot's ego.

Like you outsourcing your own flying to cheaper 737 pilots? You know? Your B-scale AT pilots, that SOMEHOW your union didn't get pay parity on same type planes..... That is JUST PLAIN NUTS! Btw, the RJ fleet total is shrinking....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Shrinking for now GL-

Dal is just getting you to view large RJs outsourced as normal. Once you've accepted that- the next round of economic hardship will see a flood of big RJ's hit the market as judges crush your RJ contractual protections-

You had such an opportunity but chose to sellout again-

And SWA cut 17 cities from the AT map. I hear guys really like it, but the FMS takes a little while getting used to. If they give you a new Sid or Star it can be a cluster trying to do it. (?). I'm sure things will get smoother as more appear. Delta will have +30 airplanes this year compared to last.

Finally! The reason for the B717 sell off revealed. The seagulls in the head sheds brain probably acted like they just swallowed an Alka Seltzer when they heard that. Most of them are FMS cripples.

General-Did you guys ever negotiate back the jump seat? One of your dudes showed up the other day and was getting turned down by one of our old school ops agents. I hooked him up. He was most appreciative. Says he doesn't jumpseat much and wasn't sure.

Like you outsourcing your own flying to cheaper 737 pilots? You know? Your B-scale AT pilots, that SOMEHOW your union didn't get pay parity on same type planes..... That is JUST PLAIN NUTS! Btw, the RJ fleet total is shrinking....

Bye Bye---General Lee

TENS of THOUSANDS of jobs outsourced and you still think you can open your mouth with any authority on anything we do? Hilarious.

Your basically losing around 12-15% of those regional airframes. Guess what, you STILL have MORE Delta Connection airframes than Southwest has. Unbelievable.

TENS of THOUSANDS of jobs outsourced and you still think you can open your mouth with any authority on anything we do? Hilarious.

Your basically losing around 12-15% of those regional airframes. Guess what, you STILL have MORE Delta Connection airframes than Southwest has. Unbelievable.

Slow your roll Red...

My point earlier is that until you serve those thin routes that only have RJ service, you are in no position to make an argument. I could run a 737 profitably to cherry picked cities too.

Granted, we were running 6 RJs a day between major cities, but those days are over or at least being sunsetted and it is being reversed.

Using your scope (never challenged by your management) as your big achievement in advancing the profession is not a real bloodletting event for your pilot group.

Wasn't meant for you Bill. It was for the Village Idiot that give you guys a bad name. You know, it was a horrible TA for having larger RJ's, then it evaporated when he saw there was more money.

Our management has looked at RJ's, numerous times and didn't like the cost metric. We just got it all in writing. So it was a combination of negotiations and economics.

Wasn't meant for you Bill. It was for the Village Idiot that give you guys a bad name. You know, it was a horrible TA for having larger RJ's, then it evaporated when he saw there was more money.

Our management has looked at RJ's, numerous times and didn't like the cost metric. We just got it all in writing. So it was a combination of negotiations and economics.

Oh, here we go again.... You call me names because you can't debate the issues. The TA gained many things that were good, but AS YOU WILL FIND OUT SOON Red, you won't get everything you want. It was a 3 year contract with a 20% raise, higher DC fund %, higher vacation and training pay, better sick leave, and lower RJ numbers and tighter domestic and INTL scope. Yes, there were a couple hits that weren't great, but nothing that set the pilot group back. Will you say the same coming up here? I hope so Red, fingers crossed!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Roger that Red...thanks.

My bringing this up and your clarification sorta proves that the company never laid it out on the table for SWAPA to even consider. Better yet, was a TA presented to you or your predecessors including a loosening of scope for the membership to vote on?

Your management (smartly) saw the stupidity in outsourcing, and we (stupidly) had it on the table and took the bait. Blame us...sure, but saying you had your back against the wall over the issue is a stretch.

They tried the limited codeshare with Volaris and we just tightened the language to just that one company.

Once they dissolved that agreement, any and all codeshare basically stopped. We did spend a tremendous amount of negotiating capital to get it locked down and we aren't going to be so easy to give it up. Prior to that during Herb's years, I don't think he liked the idea but neither was it spelled out in the contract (just from memory).

Latest resources

Back