• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wellll..... it won't suck for the

- 25 guys who will upgrade to captain,

- the 25 guys who will get hired at SWA,

- the 25 guys who will replace those new-hires at whatever job.

YEAH! Brother!!!!! :beer: 60 when you started....60 when you departed!

The second pilot must be under 60 to ensure the safety of the flight.

Tejas Jet works for a regional flying little commuter hoops and doesn't know the first thing about safety. Tejas compromises safety for schedule daily so he has little regard for running the safest organization. But I don't blame Tejas personally as he is just doing what his company preaches which is exactly what he has to do. His companies business model has not lead the industry in any safety practices and its accident record does not reflect the damage it has done to air travel as a whole by chance much more than design."

Nice post. Could you back all that up with facts, or are you just talking out your a$$ like that guy on the ESPN commercial?

Last edited:
YEAH! Brother!!!!! :beer: 60 when you started....60 when you departed!

Would you like to live under the same rules they were employed under their entire careers? Such as:
type req'd to interview.
no 401k 1st year
no paid dh
1/2 pay dh to training
all training on days off
on reserve from first push until last
no 2nd year pay for "extra flying"

Profitsharing and options have been better thus far for those that are senior, but they were not guaranteed in our compensation package. They were at risk components that turned out well.

If the rule (age 60) did not exsist today, no reasonable argument could be made to get it enacted. I believe that should be the test for all laws.

Would you like to live under the same rules they were employed under their entire careers? Such as:
type req'd to interview.
no 401k 1st year
no paid dh
1/2 pay dh to training
all training on days off

Yeah, I'll take the Pepsi challenge.

You tell me how 5 years of Captain pay vs. FO pay is less than the above and I'll be happy.

Let me guess--You can't do it, can you? Thought so.

type req'd to interview.
no 401k 1st year
no paid dh
1/2 pay dh to training
all training on days off

Apples / Oranges

You're trying to compare contract vs regulation.

Next.

Reauthorization slipped again, with the Dems still trying to get the air traffic controller contract reopened. As the dollars are huge, and the Repubs/White House adamantly against, things have gotten messy at the committee level. Age 65 language (which WILL be included in the bill) is hostage to other, partisan, issues.

Yeah, that sounds like typical selfish APAAD bulls%*$. Age-65 so they can keep flying and making $200k+ at SWA for 5 more years is a "noble" cause, but the Dems supporting NATCA in their effort to achieve a fair contract and not have to take the ass-reaming they took with their government-imposed concessions last year, that's just a "partisan issue." :rolleyes:

Another two months will mean 400 more pilots on the street and (an average of) 25 more SWA pilots. Sucks.

How 'bout the thousands of AMR pilots still on the street after 5 years? Any consideration to them? Naw, didn't think so. You'll just give them 5 more.

Unfortunately we will be hearing about age 70 in a few years. The same old arguements will be heard once again. Where does it end?[/quote]

Are you going to try to tell me that even a crew of 70 year old experienced major airline pilots is more dangerous than a 235 hour pilot teamed with a 1500 hour Captain? That is the current situation at the Regionals at this time. For heavens sake just admit it, you want those guys out of your seats. The fallacy in that thinking is that this is not a zero sum game. Air traffic is INCREASING not decreasing. Those old farts may not get out of your seat but there will be more seats in the future.

Yeah, I'll take the Pepsi challenge.

Yeah, Ill take that Pepsi challenge (your words, not mine!)

No pay DH...yes, I remember,...and after I arrived, 1/2 pay Dh to everything...

It was assumed that if the company wasn't making anything, why should we???...IE...flight was cancelled...no money to company...no money to our bottom line...no money to our paycheck....kinda like we were all entrepreneurs...

No 401k...period...(or match)...period...no 401k..

4-day trip...pays 16.0...no rigs...months on end....

Sr. line pays 103.5...Jr. line pays 86.5...no guarantee, or rigs...

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that the profit sharing was realigned before my arrival!!!

I may be wrong. but certain memories seem to burn pretty deep, so correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Oh....by the way,...I luved it back then...times were great...

TP

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back