• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Decade long rumor of SWA buying Q400's back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What your "stance" is is irrelevant. Your CEO ain't gonna allow it, and your union is weak. You'll fly -900s for the same rate and you'll like it, and if Qs ever come along, you'll outsource those just like everyone else has, and you'll like that too. Why? Because Gary says so, and you lick his boots.

Ugh. That was the most disgusting post I've ever seen on here.

SWAPA wouldn't rollover on pay for a Q400 (not that I think we get them anyway)

SWAPA has the best codeshare and scope in the industry, you think that happened just because we 'took whatever Gary is going to hand us'?

All you need to do is compare SWAPA's Section 1 vs. any ALPA carrier. ALPA has been a complete failure in that regard. TONS of outsourcing that has actually cost them millions (possibly billions) in dues paying members. At least they still have enough income to buy 3 thousand dollar dinners.

SWAPA wouldn't rollover on pay for a Q400 (not that I think we get them anyway)

SWAPA has the best codeshare and scope in the industry, you think that happened just because we 'took whatever Gary is going to hand us'?

How exactly did it happen? You 'fought' for it? Your management really isn't that interested in code share or you'd have it.

I don't think you would rollover on Q400 pay but $200+/hr? I don't think so...

I don't think that WN is going to purchase new Q400s from Bombardier. I think they could purchase the Q400 by way of Merger or Acquisition of Alaska Air Group. I would be willing to bet that's what the company is actually looking at. In that scenario the Q400s would continue to be Operated by Horizon Pilots and wholly owned by Southwest Airlines. They don't even have to change the name. Instead of Alaska Horizon it will become Southwest Horizon.;)

How exactly did it happen? You 'fought' for it? Your management really isn't that interested in code share or you'd have it.

I don't think you would rollover on Q400 pay but $200+/hr? I don't think so...

Yea, I think Gary would like codeshare. You don't?

200/hr for the same plane? Sign me up. How is that rolling over?

Oh now he would, no doubt. However, when the legacies started to buy RJs en masse, the ONLY reason SWA management didn't is that it didn't mesh with their biz model. You didn't have to fight for jack squat.

200/hr for the same plane? Sign me up. How is that rolling over?

You're not reading what I wrote. Your management doesn't want code share enough to force it on you or you'd have it.

As for pay rates, I said you wouldn't roll over. Wave seems to think the Q400 would pay the same as you are currently for 737 flying. I think not.

You guys have a great contract and a very good flying job. Your opinion of your ability to influence SWA management is over inflated IMO. Much like FDX you live off of the good will of your corporate masters.

You didn't have to fight for jack squat.

You think the contract improvements happened in a vacuum?

We've tightened scope and codeshare the last two contracts. We allowed for near international codeshare, then the second bite at the apple we specified only ONE carrier...Volaris.

You guys look at our contract and think we did nothing to get there, but then argue that our management is disingenuous but also just hands us things for free. Which is it?

I guess Fred Smith just hands things out as well. You seriously think that?

Latest resources

Back