• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Decade long rumor of SWA buying Q400's back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think after the last couple of attempts to merge with other carriers, Southwest will eventually outsource. Economic incentive will probably force such an outcome.

I think after the last couple of attempts to merge with other carriers, Southwest will eventually outsource. Economic incentive will probably force such an outcome.

Yeah maru,

And then we'd strike and you would justify crossing, right?

OK

FLG-TPA Kayak= $590-611 USair using Kayak
PHX-TPA= $190 SWA

$400 dollar difference for the honor of flying FLG to PHX.

PHX-TPA American (probably USAir) $190
using Orbitz

What's your point?

SWA is within a few dollars of the Legacy's.

If you had Q400s would SWA charge $187 FLG-TPA?

What's Americans price FLG-TPA? Orbitz=$581.

The point which you refuted is, the segment cost is much higher for the shorter flight to FLG.

You're right. What do you think SWA would charge for that?

Reading not your strong suit?^^^

I agree with blended- BUT in any case we fly it.

Ya Wave. You are the only one who can read. Go back and read the post again. No mention of blended rates. You are pretty full of yourself though. Must be a hoot to fly with such a know it all. Once again.... Keep dreaming.

So if we get a smaller and a larger type - you want to set up the same old failed legacy system that doesn't really work for any party involved?

What part are you arguing for?
$10-
Chasing carrots as mgmt plays that divide and conquer game
Significantly more pilots in the training pipeline unproductive jobs program??- has anyone ever loved going to school every few years??)
Pilot dynamic where pilots have to fly the bigger plane to make money even if they don't want to and it's hard on the body-

It's not like this is unprecedented- UPS

And believe me, if REALITY were set in stone I'd have never accomplished anything

I didn't say I wanted anything and I'm not arguing for or against blended rates. They work great at UPS and probably would at LUV if they set them up 40 years ago. Once again read the post before you start name calling. What I am saying and I will type it very slowly for you. You will not get the votes you need from SWAPA pilots for it to pass. It's just that simple.

Latest resources

Back