• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Decade long rumor of SWA buying Q400's back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny Wave chastising someone for his ability to read [and presumably comprehend.] Try reading my post again. I didn't say I wanted to outsource. I said if we don't get rates for little airplane captain that are equal to or better than 737 FO, we might as well outsource since the outcome would be the same. I'll never vote to relax our language for any reason in case you are wondering.

Of course, if we had iron clad (as if) language that would restrict the small airplane flying to only cities smaller than "X" that we don't already serve, maybe that would work. The problem with that theory though is that the language never really says what we think it says.

I didn't say I wanted anything and I'm not arguing for or against blended rates. They work great at UPS and probably would at LUV if they set them up 40 years ago. Once again read the post before you start name calling. What I am saying and I will type it very slowly for you. You will not get the votes you need from SWAPA pilots for it to pass. It's just that simple.

Aww, sensitive feelers -

I disagree with your assessment of reality.

Please explain why 40 years ago it would work, but not today-
We have one pay rate now.

I agree with 27

I would vote no for blended rates. I do not think many would vote for it .

Why would you?

If you give that answer, then please answer the questions I asked earlier-

Do you want the expensive training pipeline that is exacerbated by different rates? Do you want the financial pressure to bid flying you might not want to do later in life, but is now competing with taking care of your family? Are you willing to suffer the long term contractual losses that will occur once we are divided monetarily?
Have you flown at a legacy and experienced those divisions? (We have enough demographic divisions already, I promise you)

Remember, once that wedge of our most important contractual concern, it will be hard to undo.

We will not be as strong and our QOL will suffer with different rates

The proof is in everywhere that has it.

The UPS friends that I have ALL love the one rate- it gives a freedom that no other carrier has

That's freedom we enjoy today bc all our pilots do all the flying.

I'm not sure many of you understand what not having that will do to this career.
Not the biggest issue, but it's not positive. At all.

Btw, I've talked about this with dozens of pilots and the vast majority want one rate no matter the type

With all the health hazards that come along with bigger airplanes that you claim, why shouldn't you get paid more to fly it? If there are no incentives, younger junior pilots would be forced to fly them and would end up getting older and unhealthier faster.

"From each according to their ability, to each according to their need" Karl Marx

That's what your blended rate sounds like and it's no wonder PCL agrees with you ;) .

Ok, that was funny. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go read the Daily Worker. ;)

Funny Wave chastising someone for his ability to read [and presumably comprehend.] Try reading my post again. I didn't say I wanted to outsource. I said if we don't get rates for little airplane captain that are equal to or better than 737 FO, we might as well outsource since the outcome would be the same. I'll never vote to relax our language for any reason in case you are wondering.

Of course, if we had iron clad (as if) language that would restrict the small airplane flying to only cities smaller than "X" that we don't already serve, maybe that would work. The problem with that theory though is that the language never really says what we think it says.

Then explain the "might as well outsource" part

Bc though it does sound like I jumped the gun as I tend to do here, getting lower split rates is much better than outsourcing for a dozen reasons.

Flesh it out and if I was mistaken I'll apologize

Then explain the "might as well outsource" part

Bc though it does sound like I jumped the gun as I tend to do here, getting lower split rates is much better than outsourcing for a dozen reasons.

Flesh it out and if I was mistaken I'll apologize

JC... do I have to spell it out? Your might as well outsource BECAUSE IT'S JUST AS BAD.

More guys on our seniority list which are represented by our union is as bad as outsourcing? I hope you are the only one with that idea.

Latest resources

Back