From hq

Type requirement will be gone within 3 years

That's their wish at least

From hq

Type requirement will be gone within 3 years

That's their wish at least

Can do nothing in three years. Over three years to activate the RTO

I will not even get into the autobrake fiasco along that took

Does not have to do it deck parties are vice president I would not put any time even on anything

Does not have to do it deck parties are vice president I would not put any time even on anything

What?

Are you attempting to express a thought(s)?

Well, you know business.
You're either growing or declining. There's very little stand still. Market forces just don't work that way once you become a publicly traded company. Your business motive goes from 'profit motive' to 'shareholder wealth maximization'
And that is an important distinction.
We'll grow internationally- but we don't serve an awful lot of america-
Do you see that as a problem or are you ok with not serving them?

I guess I'm okay with "not serving" these cities if we can't do it with our working business model. If that model changes, then ask me again. :)

The biggest question for you and all SWA pilots is if management wants to have a Q serve the fresno, Knoxville, Montana type markets and the Q is the answer
Would you allow outsourcing to keep from flying that airplane.

No. No outsourcing. We've all seen the result of this.

My stance has been clear- SWA logo= SWAPA
Thank you for being honest about turboprop flying, but where do you stand? And do you see the slippery slope?

And another- have you been on a Q?

Saab, jet stream - and I'd be with you.
86 seat Q noise canceling with that speed and avionics suite- and mixing in the real type flying- non precision, radio calls, etc- I haven't flown it, but it seems like a great plane pilot wise-
Not sure if prefer a classic over that-
I do really enjoy NG 73 flying- but it's also ILS to ILS- kinda boring

To me though, that's just preference-
It's about unity and not poaching our own flying- bc as I said earlier- the biggest potential benefit would be to keep frequency higher in borderline stations and PRESERVE SWA JOBS.
Mostly our own

Never been on the Q. Perhaps it's nicest turboprop out there; I couldn't say. But I do agree with you completely on that premise--SWA logo requires SWAPA pilots.

BTW, for a guy who hassles me for long posts, your post is longer than most of mine. Plus, if you actually used complete sentences like I do, it would be twice as long! :)

Bubba

I see you took my advice and went down to the bar!
Good on you:)

I guess I'm okay with "not serving" these cities if we can't do it with our working business model. If that model changes, then ask me again. :)

No. No outsourcing. We've all seen the result of this.

Never been on the Q. Perhaps it's nicest turboprop out there; I couldn't say. But I do agree with you completely on that premise--SWA logo requires SWAPA pilots.

BTW, for a guy who hassles me for long posts, your post is longer than most of mine. Plus, if you actually used complete sentences like I do, it would be twice as long! :)

Bubba

Then the shoe fits-
I didn't have time to write a short post
;)

Good answers though

Friend back from a PC last week and noted that this old rumor is back on the heels of horizon financial success. Both Dallas and Baltimore check airman chatting about it.
Apparently SWA lawyers were up in canada

I'm a bit bored with this particular subject bc it's really old. Was there in early 2000's. Again with the Frontier proposal in '09, now again 5 years later. It is still risky from a public perception standpoint.
Great plane. Great numbers.
Next gen version just announced
http://www.bombardier.com/content/b...showcasesq400nextgenaircra.bombardiercom.html

I'd fly it in a heartbeat. A good turboprop schedule and that type flying can be a great life- and most pilots here do talk about blended rates that pay the same as other SWA pilots- which was always the biggest downer about turboprops- and with up to 86 seats, there are possibilities
As for perception, what's better for communities who aren't getting other mainline service? No service or q400 prop service? Could the Bakersfield's of the world realize that the Q is miles ahead of other turboprops and embrace them?

The conversation's been had
In spades

Found this from '03- http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/print.main?id=1202368

What I enjoy hearing is how lock step Swapa pilots seem to be: great plane, could open up a lot of profitable markets and natural feed into the existing system,.... AND if the SWA logo is on it, we will fly it.
I would love to make that statement actually. Prove that the legacy long con of domestic outsourcing could be turned on its heels

So speculate away
Especially if you've flown it

This is the best rumor we can come up with?

Flown it.... I'll stick with Boeings

Don't see it fitting in with our "start strong" initiatives... MX department would see lots of growth though...

That's good to know

All I seem to hear is vague- but financial success seems to follow the Q-
Is it not??

You say it's not the answer for Amarillo??

What is?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back