• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DCI Fall Cutbacks..............

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they offer you another job that you refuse, say slinging bags at BMI, then could they let you go? I know we don't have the stations that we used to, but we do have a couple.

Last edited:
Speaking of less stations. Mesaba just announced as of Aug 31, DBQ will no longer have service and will close. Another Saab city bites the dust.

I would have to argue that the new political climate provides a different playing field. I think the sham bankruptcy age is over, especially given that labor seems to have a far better footing now.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your statement. Labor is far, far away from any kind of footing other than the one that continues to decline. ALPA, while a great organization, is crumbling under the constant merger battles and scope issues all caused by the lack of a national seniority list. We are about as fragmented and ineffective as any labor group could be (well, except the UAW maybe).

This is by no means an attempt at putting down ALPA, but I believe until there is some sort of national unity we are simply killing our own group. Eventually we'll simply fall apart, much to the delight of management at all the companies.

Pilots on this forum making expert comments and prognosis on Bankruptcy is about as reliable as predicting whether the ground hog will see his shadow in 2012.

Study Bankruptcy laws before you stick your foot in you mouth! The laws have changed and so has the pro-MGMT Executive Administration.

ASA to announce a hangar at CAE this week. Why do you think they'd announce that in the midst of DCI cuts? Does know who has hangars at CAE already?

ASA to announce a hangar at CAE this week. Why do you think they'd announce that in the midst of DCI cuts? Does know who has hangars at CAE already?

Mesa did a lot of MX there but I don't know if they had a hangar or not.

But really, who cares? Is it going to change my job any? Probably not.

Is that because the hangar in Baton Rouge now has a hangar door at one end, and a hole at the other?????????????????

I think the theory about SKW declaring bankruptcy in order to furlough a few dozen pilots is laughable.

They are 12 steps ahead of all the airline management experts on this board and will find an EASY way around our ridiculous "no furlough clause" if they need to.

Just because your degree from riddle says Airline management doesn't mean you have a clue.

I agree that from what I am hearing there are going to be more cutbacks in the fall. Staffing for EV is on shaky ground.
As for CH11. Fact is that no one wants to enter today. You cannot get financing. If you enter, you will have one heck of a time getting out. The airlines know this.

There will be a big squeeze going on through the end of next year. If the capital markets do not open up, I see at least two if not three carriers going in to CH11. Not by choice, but to survive. What the government does about that is anyones guess. I think they will allow foreign ownership.
As for DAL. They have decided not to mail a few hundred letters next month. They are holding off on pilot cuts. I am floored, but they want to keep the pilot so they can react to what will be happening this winter.

Latest resources

Back