• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Day rate for contract work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We pay $650 on the Hawker for SIC. A company PIC is always on board. Our open policy allows anyone with 2500TT and a Current PIC check in any jet to act as SIC. My Personal policy is the contractor will be either Hawker Qualified or Proline 21 qualified.

Outside a 3rd party contractor I rarely have to be named to the principal(s) insurance policy. Typically most of my trips are done with a full time, current employee.

Are we talking PIC/SIC (On the 90 i'll assume PIC for good measure). Pt91 or 135? Area of the country your contracting in?? 3rd party (ACASS/Jet Aviation) or someone you dictate your own price? Numerous factors at play....

Part 91 pic, in a certain oil rich town in west Texas for the owners....

Part 91 pic, in a certain oil rich town in west Texas for the owners....

Single Pilot I would expect between 500-700 daily. Even in the 200 with a SIC I would expect the same. With that floating out there, i'm not well educated on the market in West Texas either.

While I agree with you, that doesn't mean anyone is going to pay $1200/day for a Hawker or CE650 pilot.

Actually, I guarantee they won't.

If you ask that much, you'll never get any work.

if everyone charged that, they would get it.

if you have a hawker, you can afford it.

I don't get out of bed for less than $800. Normally $800 (min) or 20% of the fuel bill. ( burn at average rates if they own their own farm seems to be close to $1/lb). First contract gig I picked up, was for $650, and I flew that thing all damn day. Wasn't worth it. After taxes I think I netted like $300?

800 gets you nearly 2 hours in a HS-125, after than you get paid more. I turn down a lot of the work that comes my way ( work at a training center, and really have no desire to be out on the road swinging gear)

CAE/FSI in DAL are a bit different, as they don't seem to let their SIC's go out on their own. a "fair" number of Centers let them contract out on the side so long as it doesn't interfere with the center duties. The ones we have don't charge less than $800 for anything, including little old jets.

I have found that most people who can afford to own a Jet didn't get that way by paying more than they have to for anything. In a perfect world all owners would have a full time crew and we would not be contracting......taking advantage of the greed.

I have found that most people who can afford to own a Jet didn't get that way by paying more than they have to for anything. In a perfect world all owners would have a full time crew and we would not be contracting......taking advantage of the greed.

AMEN Headwind! We only use contractors for fill in. (Sick or Vacation) We are lucky enough to only fly 120 hours per year. Dual Captains. I refuse to get hosed by a contract pilot with a "they can afford it" philosophy. There is still a given market rate for each area. I make sure we stay right in the middle of the going rate for our area. In return, the company pilot covers all expenses and we normally pay in about 10 days. I remember what it was like to survive on contract work.

In that certain oil rich town in West Texas, the going rate is $600 on the King Air's.

I'm getting a little more than half that but they just bought a company truck I drive around so I guess I'm doing okay then.

Latest resources

Back