• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Day rate for contract work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm getting a little more than half that but they just bought a company truck I drive around so I guess I'm doing okay then.

350 a day to fly a King Air pt91 PIC? Dude. You do know you probably could buy a brand new NICE car for about 300 bucks a month. Not to be rude but your being taken, and seem to be convinced your getting a good deal.

Yea $350 does sux but they took a chance on me. I had zero turbine time and I get paid for 10 days whether I fly or not. I'm considering this a stepping stone into something else down the road or jump to the airlines. It suxs and I should be paid more but you have to have A LOT more turbine time to get something else.

Yea $350 does sux but they took a chance on me. I had zero turbine time and I get paid for 10 days whether I fly or not. I'm considering this a stepping stone into something else down the road or jump to the airlines. It suxs and I should be paid more but you have to have A LOT more turbine time to get something else.

$42K plus a truck at your experience level is not horrible in my opinion. Even more so if you compare it to Regional F/O. I am assuming you at least got school on the aircraft. PIC Turbine is king. Best of luck!

I'm getting a little more than half that but they just bought a company truck I drive around so I guess I'm doing okay then.

Maybe. Are you SIC or PIC. The truck with gas and insurance is probably worth 10,000/ year, assuming you have full time use of it.

Things are booming too crazy around here to give anything up. I'm not saying you should get greedy, but certainly don't sell yourself short.

What 400A said. Except 42,000 around here right now is tough. Waiting lists at most apartments and 1 bedroom for 1200+

It won't take long, though. New planes showing up weekly. Ride the wave.

Going on the information given, a Pt.91 PIC on a king air (C90 OR 200) should be making more than 42K. I understand you are probably low time (???) but dont allow something like a corporate car cost you what you are worth. Havent looked at NBAA for this year but I can guarantee that 42K is not avg. Best of luck-

Going on the information given, a Pt.91 PIC on a king air (C90 OR 200) should be making more than 42K. I understand you are probably low time (???) but dont allow something like a corporate car cost you what you are worth. Havent looked at NBAA for this year but I can guarantee that 42K is not avg. Best of luck-

I am assuming another $5K value for the vehicle. Not only that, a zero turbine time rookie can hardly demand NBAA Captains wages, when the owners are likely paying more for insurance due to his experience level. They had to likely pay for initial instead of recurrent. All cost to be considered. I would enjoy my 1st year driving a turbine and then renegotiate before I went to recurrent. There are fractional's that start less than that and require a training contract.

They bought me a 30k truck I use full time and pay for gas, insurance etc. Its pic f-90 time and they let me training whenever I wish. They did pay for initial and going to send me to fs in 2 months. They have already asked me to start studying for the transition to a jet next year. They also let me free lance, so I think money maybe low but benefits are endless. I figure in about 6 months from now I can earn what I'm worth free lancing but right now I want to learn this airplane and build my time.

For some reason smaller airplanes have different prices based on sic or pic. I fly a GV and am also typed and fly a da20. In the 20 I always get asked what the rate is for sic or pic in the gulfstream it doesn't matter what the position is. It's pic rate all day whether it's right seat which it mostly is. Very few company's hire contract guys to fly left seat especially in the big airplanes. I don't get it. A pilot is a pilot. Responsibilities are the same in a big airplane or not. There should be no difference in price between left and right. There are some management companies in the north east that only pay 1200 per day and you are on a w2 so taxes are taken outmautomaticaly. Sucks but these companies stick to their prices and there is nothing we could to do negotiate . Take it. Or leave it there are also alot of guys that willing to do it for even less just to get experience in the planet . I don't wanna be crossing the atlantic with a green guy getting less pay than they should be paying. The job is getting done. Paying someone less for less just cause he is only sic ismrediculous. A trained pilot is a pilot. Takes two guys up there to get the job done safely. If I interviewed,two contract guys for my GV one guy is asking 1000 per day and the other is asking 1500? Who do you hire? Imwouldmhire the 1500'guy and ask the other why he was selling himself so cheap

Latest resources

Back