• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Day rate for contract work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it all depends on the market where you are. I stay current on several types and one of them is a mustang, the smallest jet in the business, there are only a few of us in my area who do contract work and we all charge $1,000/day. I'm thinking there are probably a lot more 560 and hawker pilots around though. Don't undercut the average.

Great topic.
What do you guys consider the most beneficial ratings to hold for general contract work? Left or right seat.

Would the Global be about the highest paying daily rate?
Is that $1500 for captain or fo?

In terms of the VLJ's which aircraft has the most work available?

Thanks

When you guys fly contract trips are you named on the owners insurance policy and do you request a waiver of subrogation or are the trips flown under the provisions of the open pilot requirements?

Thanks

day rate should be 50% over what the day rate of a heart surgeon since pilots have twice as much training and twice as much responsibility.

When you guys fly contract trips are you named on the owners insurance policy and do you request a waiver of subrogation or are the trips flown under the provisions of the open pilot requirements?

Outside a 3rd party contractor I rarely have to be named to the principal(s) insurance policy. Typically most of my trips are done with a full time, current employee.

What's the going daily rate for a king air? 90 and 200?

Are we talking PIC/SIC (On the 90 i'll assume PIC for good measure). Pt91 or 135? Area of the country your contracting in?? 3rd party (ACASS/Jet Aviation) or someone you dictate your own price? Numerous factors at play....

Latest resources

Back