• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Day guarantee at Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's great, but I don't have to fly multiple leg days with 25 minute turns on a 737. Our 777 has a 28 hour 3 day to NRT, and on INTL rules I can back up two 3 day trips (with a night at home in between) and get 40 hours in 6 days, with a great meal in Vienna and another one in Venice. I also get to legally sleep inflight (in the crew rest seat, some of our 767ERs now have lie flat bunks in our own compartment too), eat first class meals, and maybe catch a first run flick. There are even a couple 9 day trips worth 55 or more hours, with out and backs from London or Frankfurt (ATL--LGW--JFK--LGW--CVG--LGW--ATL or the same type of deal with FRA). The Winter festival nights in Weisboden are supposedly really nice, and a trip like that could be fun. Or, I could go to Rio for 36 hours and go to Club Help, where the ladies like to dance and grab your arse. That trip is closer to 21 hours for a 4 day (early return on the 4th day), but you have a tan and a smile.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Neeto Mosquito! I dont recall me listing overnights and activities, but I hope you enjoy your arse grabbing contest in Rio. I was just trying to contribute to a thread in which my knowledge of my company might help.

Last edited:
Hopefully all of us managed to get on with a career that gave us the lifestyle we yearned for. You SWA guys -- If it works for you, great!! Enjoy.

General, my fellow Deltoid, enjoy those back to back to back trips. Personally, to me there is nothing worse than the sun coming up in your eyes at 30 West.

I'll take my 4 LGA-BOS turns blocking at 4+45, paying 5+15, and being home to jog by 2Pm and in the schoolyard to pick up my kids at 3:30.

All the best 2 all.

Neeto Mosquito! I dont recall me listing overnights and activities, but I hope you enjoy your arse grabbing contest in Rio. I was just trying to contribute to a thread in which my knowledge of my company might help.

That's great. Hey, I guess now I can see why you don't like me crashing on your threads (probably won't stop me anyway). And, Rio and other INTL layovers can be really fun. We allow you guys on the jumpseat. Come to Rio if you need a good arse grab.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hopefully all of us managed to get on with a career that gave us the lifestyle we yearned for. You SWA guys -- If it works for you, great!! Enjoy.

General, my fellow Deltoid, enjoy those back to back to back trips. Personally, to me there is nothing worse than the sun coming up in your eyes at 30 West.

I'll take my 4 LGA-BOS turns blocking at 4+45, paying 5+15, and being home to jog by 2Pm and in the schoolyard to pick up my kids at 3:30.

All the best 2 all.

It's all about options. If you like the Delta Shuttle stuff, good for you. At least you can go INTL if you want, and go back to the Shuttle when you want to.

Bye Bye--General Lee

All the best 2 all.

Jesus you are lucky... anytime I go through LGA I plan to be done by 3:00pm and end up about 3 or 4 hours late... oh yeah, LGA sucks. :( Love my Boston though... go BoSox

That's great. Hey, I guess now I can see why you don't like me crashing on your threads (probably won't stop me anyway). And, Rio and other INTL layovers can be really fun. We allow you guys on the jumpseat. Come to Rio if you need a good arse grab.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ok lets straighten this out. You have claimed to be a "debator," but now you're a "thread crasher." Do you contribute or stir the pot? I believe all of us know the answer.

Ok lets straighten this out. You have claimed to be a "debator," but now you're a "thread crasher." Do you contribute or stir the pot? I believe all of us know the answer.

I do both. But, I try to compare my company to yours or another. You came into this thread only giving Southwest info, even though it was a Delta thread started by someone else. (not me) At least say something about Delta in a Delta thread, good or bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I do both. But, I try to compare my company to yours or another. You came into this thread only giving Southwest info, even though it was a Delta thread started by someone else. (not me) At least say something about Delta in a Delta thread, good or bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

amen.

I agree "that sucks" comment is out of line. The less cohesive we are the more smiles (and bonuses) we put on/in our managements faces/pockets.

There are many things I don't like about SWA, but I don't hijack threads screaming about it.

Finally! Somebody gets it! The more we play this stupid "my daddy is bigger than your daddy" game, the less prepared we are to fight the real threat in our industry. Management!!!!. We need support each other's quest to get the BEST contract we can. Then the fruits of your labor will be won when the next competitor has to pay their pilots your contract plus 5%. This will go on during each 4 year cycle! So...instead of bashing each others contracts, why not applaud the things that are good, and insist that those are items recognized by management when it comes time to negotiate. I am sure that if the economics are right, DAL will thank SWA for the current rates that they fly the 737. The new negotiated rate will become a baseline rate for the smallest a/c in the DAL fleet. Maybe SWA can thank DAL back in 2000 for the rates they negotiated on the 88 and 737. Anybody have those numbers?

So long as we leapfrog each other on every contract, and we all stay economically healthy, we as a whole should continue making our careers more satisfying.

Bye Bye--General Lee

At post #15 SWA was brought into this. Therefore I contribute. I have nothing good or bad to say about DAL.

Latest resources

Back