Day guarantee at Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks, guys, got it!

What are the best rigs known in the industry now and in the past?
Anyone had/has 1 for 3 or 1 for 2:50 or better?

SWA is 6.5 min per day. No bragging intended, but that is what you should be shooting for!!

That's 6.5 SWA trips per day right, not hours? Since your "trip" equals 51 minutes, 6.5 trips equals 5.9 hour, or about 5 hrs 55 minutes.

Still pretty good!

I also believe that AA has a trip rig of 1 for 3.25, but I am not sure on that.

Pay at SWA

No, not really.

1. min pay per day is 6.5 (average over the trip). That would be 6.5 times my TFP rate. Mine is $104 per trip (5th year pay). 1-day min is 6.5. 2-day pays 13 min. 3-day pays 19.5 min. ............

2. Pay per day is duty hour rigged at .74 to one. So if I work 10 hours I will get a min 7.4 trips for the day. 7.4 x $104 12 hours would pay 8.88 times pay rate.

We get paid per day on whatever is higher of
a) actual flown
b) rigged pay

Once you get off the bottom of the list you are seldom paid on the rigs. 90% of the time you are paid by what you fly. You might get a day that is rigged but by the end of the trip your flying time has made up the difference.

Last edited:
All I know is that for the most part, I will always get 5+15 per day of flying. I usually do turns/day trips that pay in excess of that so I get wahat I fly. But, on some 4 leg Shuttle days in NYC that block at 4+40 for 4 legs, I'll still be guaranteed 5+15 pay.

On 2 day trips I'd get 10+30, and 3 day trips 15+45.

All I know is that for the most part, I will always get 5+15 per day of flying. I usually do turns/day trips that pay in excess of that so I get wahat I fly. But, on some 4 leg Shuttle days in NYC that block at 4+40 for 4 legs, I'll still be guaranteed 5+15 pay.

On 2 day trips I'd get 10+30, and 3 day trips 15+45.

That sucks. Hope you get something better down the line.

That sucks. Hope you get something better down the line.

Those are the minimum hours for line holders, not what the average 2 or 3 day is. We have plenty of 3 days worth 16-18 hours, and some 2 days worth close to 14.

So, you flew C130s, eh? Ever do Assault landings? Do you still do them in your Orange 737s? Stop that. Passengers DO NOT LIKE THOSE unless it is the end of the runway. Try to "grease" them on if you can. Even people in Lubbock probably appreciate a smooth landing. Getting the first exit on the runway is ONLY cool to you and your captain.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back