Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EMBpilot

Does Delta have a day guarantee?

Say 10 hours there, 10 hours back, 3 day overnight - what's the pay?

Thanks Galaxy
"Per day of flying" is not a layover, right?

So a hypothetical 5 day trip (see above) will pay 20 hours? Plus per diem of course.

Thanks Galaxy
"Per day of flying" is not a layover, right?

So a hypothetical 5 day trip (see above) will pay 20 hours? Plus per diem of course.

no. You are protected by the trip rig also. I beliive the trip rig is 1 for 3, or something close to that. Pretty sure its one hour of pay for every three hours away from base. Someone else may know the exact numbers.

Look, I think our pay rates suck, and I can't believe the scope our union stuck us with. But, I give them credit on the work rules. If someone else has better work rules, I'd like to see em.

no. You are protected by the trip rig also. I beliive the trip rig is 1 for 3, or something close to that. Pretty sure its one hour of pay for every three hours away from base. Someone else may know the exact numbers.

Look, I think our pay rates suck, and I can't believe the scope our union stuck us with. But, I give them credit on the work rules. If someone else has better work rules, I'd like to see em.

The trip rig is 1 for 3 1/2 hours away.

You are correct--we have good work rules. The same cannot be said for CAL, UAL, NWA, AAA (or whatever they are these days) etc.

The trip rig is 1 for 3 1/2 hours away.

You are correct--we have good work rules. The same cannot be said for CAL, UAL, NWA, AAA (or whatever they are these days) etc.

Yep work rules are something we badly need at CAL, 5:15/day and 1/3.5 trip rig is a good place to start.

Thanks for the info guys.

Forgive me, but due to working for slavery promoting airlines I am not familiar with the trip rig.

Say if you fly 4 four day trips a month you will be paid at least:
(24*4*4)/3.5=109 hours?

No. You will be paid one hour for every 3.5 hours you are away from base. If your 4 day started at 8:00 on the first day and ended at 20:00 on the fourth day you would be paid a minimum of 24 hours for the trip.
(16+24+24+20)/3.5

Thanks for the info guys.

Forgive me, but due to working for slavery promoting airlines I am not familiar with the trip rig.

Say if you fly 4 four day trips a month you will be paid at least:
(24*4*4)/3.5=109 hours?

Not exactly! It's TAFB. So, day one and four will be less than 24 hours. For example, show at 1500 on day one, finish day 4 at noon. So it's 15+24+24+12/3.5=21.4.

If you did it 4 times a months, it would yield 85.6.

Latest resources

Back